+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 30 hour posterior labour that ended in an emergency c-section. I went to the chiro every fortnight from about 16 weeks until I changed to weekly for the last 5-6 weeks. Sadly it didn't make a difference...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a posterior labour with dd, and the middie made dp press on my lower back through contractions which helped heaps. I couldn't get comfortable on my back to push her out and standing/kneeling was excruciating so I rolled onto my side and dp held my leg up lol. Ds1 and ds2 were normally, fast labours with minimal pain compared to dd. 3&5hrs with the boys and 16ish hrs with dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    I'm subscribing! Had one posterior labour which was bl00dy painful for 24 hrs then had a cesar cause bubs was still not engaged even though I was fully dilated and went into distress. Would hate to go through that again, so I'm seeing a chiro fortnightly and will use OFP during labour.

Good on you to have had a vaginal posterior birth! Even though it took you a while to heal obviously... Good luck with next time - when are you due?
    Whats OFP? I am 35 weeks and the baby is posterior, is it likely he will turn? My lower back/tailbone gets so sore when sitting for a while.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OFP is optimal fetal positioning.

I've had 2 posterior births and one anterior (only difference was I went to a chiro for the last) I'm of the opinion of when it's sunny it's sunny, my back still hurt when I had her just as much as it did with my others, the only difference was I had gas with my first and my second was a longer labour, I don't think they do them in WA but some hospitals do saline solution injections into your back (they just go under your skin, not into your spine or anything) they are apparently quiet painful (like a wasp sting) but are meant to be a very good low risk pain relief, they don't always work but they are meant to block the pain signal kind of how acupressure works.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Beatnik  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    [QUOTE=mummykahla;6282355]I had a posterior labour with dd, and the middie made dp press on my lower back through contractions which helped heaps. IQUOTE]

I believe that this is best thing for pain in a posterior labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both. With posterior I didn't experience any back pain luckily. It did take 2 hours to push bubs out though, and he never turned.
    With the second, it was a lot quicker birth (but I think this happens generally anyway). I had similar pain, but luckily my contractions were never closer than 3 mins apart, so I had time to rest.
    Both births were really good.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first was normal and my second and third were both posterior. I would not say the pain was any different but the length in time was enormous. 1st (normal) 17.5 hrs 2nd (posterior) 43.5 hrs 3rd (posterior) 47.5 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    OFP is optimal fetal positioning.

I've had 2 posterior births and one anterior (only difference was I went to a chiro for the last) I'm of the opinion of when it's sunny it's sunny, my back still hurt when I had her just as much as it did with my others, the only difference was I had gas with my first and my second was a longer labour, I don't think they do them in WA but some hospitals do saline solution injections into your back (they just go under your skin, not into your spine or anything) they are apparently quiet painful (like a wasp sting) but are meant to be a very good low risk pain relief, they don't always work but they are meant to block the pain signal kind of how acupressure works.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    I had posterior labour with my first, he finally turned after 2 hours of pushing and came out anterior. The pain in my back was horrendous and the reason why i didn't get to hospy with ds2 til 20 mins before he was born, I thought there was no way he was close I wasnt in enough pain.

They were doing a trial of the water injections and i had them. They hurt a lot but nothing like the pain i was in, and they helped a lot too. I think they are the only thing that stopped me asking for an epi. Dp also had to put a lot if pressure on my back.

With my next two babies I spent as much time as possible on my hands and knees. I was always conscious of sitting leaning forward and we very conscious of leaning forward once labour started.

I have had three anterior placentas but only one posterior labour so not sure if that makes a difference.