+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mother used to get calls for a lady named Glenda all the time, Eventually when my sister went to school her best friend turned out to be this Glenda's Daughter. there number was the same last 4 digits but the suburb prefix was for the other side of the suburb eg ours was xx35 theirs was xx33. It was more interesting that the daughter had the same name as mum. so all people would call to talk to a woman in her 40's and get and 8yo.

At one stage my mum's boss miss dialed the friends number at 7:00 on a Sunday and wasn't awake enough to realise he wasn't talking to my mum and that was why she didn't want to work that day.

My current mobile number was used for a painter in Melbourne, I've had the number for 3 years and still get calls for them. I am in Sydney though.

We have a home number that is almost the same as a real estate agent.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents are one number different from the local pharmacy so they get all sorts of calls, especially from little old ladies wanting their scripts dropped off. One of the chemists have the same name as me so a few times my parents or a sibling have told me a call is for me when it was in fact for the other person.

At my current house I got a phone call from an Asian lady asking if she could come around. Apparently we caught up for "sexy time" the other week and was I up for a repeat. Ummm... No thank you. She wouldn't believe that I wasn't who she thought I was though. I'm not sure if it was a wrong number or a prank, but she seemed sincere.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    At my current house I got a phone call from an Asian lady asking if she could come around. Apparently we caught up for "sexy time" the other week and was I up for a repeat. Ummm... No thank you. She wouldn't believe that I wasn't who she thought I was though. I'm not sure if it was a wrong number or a prank, but she seemed sincere.
    Bahahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Ooooh, that was YOU!

Oh wait...
    Lol

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my grandparents, a few houses ago (they move like every two years at least), had a number that had previously been the number for one of the local primary schools. they ended up keeping a copy of the school's new number beside the phone to tell the people who called for them lol

xp and i, in our last house, had a silent number.. which had previously been the number for the local bmx club. yeah, nice, optus. got a few calls for them, which was rather annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No but I once rang a wrong number, and the guy's answering machine message was so hilarious I had to keep ringing back to share with the rest of the office...

"Hi... I'm not here at the moment. I'm currently serving 3-6 months for beating the living s*** out of the last idiot that tried to sell me something over the phone. Leave a message if you're game!"

***How's my spelling? Call 1800 iPhone***

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pajamarama For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajamarama View Post
    No but I once rang a wrong number, and the guy's answering machine message was so hilarious I had to keep ringing back to share with the rest of the office...

"Hi... I'm not here at the moment. I'm currently serving 3-6 months for beating the living s*** out of the last idiot that tried to sell me something over the phone. Leave a message if you're game!"

Hahaha

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I really want to change my message now!

Thanks
    Reviews

I want to set my answering machine back up now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the generic message on our house phone machine and one day came home to a message saying that the fridge we had ordered had come in, but we hadn't ordered a fridge. The best bit was that it was my sisters boyfriend who worked at a warehouse sales shop who had left the message so we had to listen to it a few times to work out if he was pranking us.