+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My FS advised me to cut back on exercise, so I stopped seeing mine. I found the time commitment to be a lot though, as I was seeing personal trainers 3 times a week, and then doing team sports stuff and home training in between. Seeing the PT meant that I couldn't reorganise my day/ not go if it didn't suit me (which I know is kind of the point), and I was getting stressed trying to fit everything in.

I miss going though, as he definitely kept me on the straight and narrow by getting me to bring a food diary to each session, and totally changing how I ate. My eating (and exercise) has gone downhill since I stopped going - New Year's resolution number 1...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Two reasons - cant afford it & last time I had a personal trainer she made me want to throw up. Like 'I need a bucket NOW!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Can't afford it otherwise I would get one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a personal trainer again, but i cant afford it, plus i cant even afford just gym fees at the moment

I have zero motivation, and when i was working with a PT i lost so much weight so quickly! I wish they made them more easily attainable!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Too self conscious
    2. I'd rather hire a cleaner
    3. I don't like being pushed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have that kind of money. Even if I did, there are so many other things in my life that need addressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can't afford it.

My bf and I both go to the same gym. She sees a personal trainer 3 times a week, and that gives her reason to go to the gym, and stay a bit more motivated about eating.

I just do the classes, and find I get a good workout from that. I have seen a pt before, and didn't find it worth the money as it didn't motivate me much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't even afford a gym membership or to use any part of a gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a dodgy back amongst other health issues and I've struggled to find a physio that understands me & my issues and they are well trained. Personal trainers are not extensively trained in my type of health issues and therefore I could end up with injuries rather than getting fit if I'm not careful. The solution is that I finally found a physio that understands me and I've been doing pilates classes run by him for 3 - 4 years. Mind you I had to stop 4 months ago as I could barely move anymore (I was about 34 weeks pregnant) and I'm yet to restart, but hope to in the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because I can't justify an extra $45 per 30min on top of $15pw gym fee and $25 creche fees. I would be paying almost $100pw just to get fit and healthy and really it would be more because you are recommended to do 2 PT sessions pw. That is pretty much the only reason. I used to have a PT and she was awesome, I am fairly fit and can push my boundaries but she would push me that little bit extra, it is also a nice feeling to hear how well you are doing.