+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So turns out the Doctor I went to see was a private practice doctor who only bulk bills pensioners or people under 16..which Im neither..So I had to cancel the appointment as I dont have a spare $70+ laying around. So here I am CD50 and still no AF. I dont know why but I wanted to cry when I had to cancel the appointment.

I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me but last night I made a chicken and leek pie. The chicken smelt gross to me..and the egg that I beat to brush the pastry with smelt gross as well. Neither of them are off. I made some lunch for DP and I just before and DP wanted mayo on his wrap and the mayo smelt disgusting to me. Again its not off. It smelt that gross to me that it almost put me off eating. Also DP has just filled the sink with hot water and soap to wash the dishes and that stunk too. What the heck?? These things never usually bother me.

Im starting to wonder if maybe I should go and buy some proper preg tests and test again? Ive been using the internet cheapies the last few days. What do you ladies reckon? Would testing with a proper brand be any different than the ICs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Tormy and mjayneb! Looking at some of the other positive ones it may even still be a little too light (this is my first month using them), but I'm CD21 and really thought I usually ovulate around CD 15. Expecting Af at CD31... is it possible to have such a phase like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you had to cancel I would be going nuts at CD 50 and would have to go get some frer just to make sure. I have ic as well but if Af was more than a few days iverdue and I was still getting BFN id have to put my mind at ease that it wasnt the test.

When does Af usually arrive?
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    So turns out the Doctor I went to see was a private practice doctor who only bulk bills pensioners or people under 16..which Im neither..So I had to cancel the appointment as I dont have a spare $70+ laying around. So here I am CD50 and still no AF. I dont know why but I wanted to cry when I had to cancel the appointment.

I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me but last night I made a chicken and leek pie. The chicken smelt gross to me..and the egg that I beat to brush the pastry with smelt gross as well. Neither of them are off. I made some lunch for DP and I just before and DP wanted mayo on his wrap and the mayo smelt disgusting to me. Again its not off. It smelt that gross to me that it almost put me off eating. Also DP has just filled the sink with hot water and soap to wash the dishes and that stunk too. What the heck?? These things never usually bother me.

Im starting to wonder if maybe I should go and buy some proper preg tests and test again? Ive been using the internet cheapies the last few days. What do you ladies reckon? Would testing with a proper brand be any different than the ICs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks about the doctors. IC's are known for picking up later then FRER you could just buy the single pack instead of the 3 pack. Isn't there any other doctors that bulk bill in your area?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juststarting View Post
    Sorry you had to cancel I would be going nuts at CD 50 and would have to go get some frer just to make sure. I have ic as well but if Af was more than a few days iverdue and I was still getting BFN id have to put my mind at ease that it wasnt the test.

I am also sorry to hear you had to cancel and I must agree with Juststarting, I'd also be getting an FRER test.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Kez For This Useful Post:

starflame  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash this thread. I'm pretty sure I was TTC with a few of you lively ladies in here, and I still follow along to see how you are all going, and send you all big puffs of baby dust!

Starflame, I saw your query re HPTs (IC versus other HPTs), and thought I would reply. In my experiences, FRER show up positives more clearer, and earlier than the ICs. If I were in your situation, I'd grab a 3 pack of those to test with tomorrow morning (using FMU). I'd still be trying to get in to see a doctor to see what is going on. Who knows... the appointment may end up being used to confirm your BFP, get your early pregnancy bloods done, and get a referral to the antenatal clinic at your local hospital!

Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juststarting View Post

AF is irregular but my most usual cycle is 35 days. Longest Ive had is 42..so Im either 1 or 2 weeks late.

Quote Originally Posted by mjayneb View Post
    That sucks about the doctors. IC's are known for picking up later then FRER you could just buy the single pack instead of the 3 pack. Isn't there any other doctors that bulk bill in your area?
    The only Doctors that bulk bill in our area is one down the road from me but you cant make an appointment. Its a walk in service and theyll see you when they can see you. Its similar to an emergency room. My friend waited in there for 4 1/2 hours before he got in. My DP went to go to that doctor the other day and there was like 50 people in there (no lie) so he just walked out. I dont fancy sitting in there for hours. Im going to have to visit my family doctor next time Im at my mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma Duck View Post
    Sorry to crash this thread. I'm pretty sure I was TTC with a few of you lively ladies in here, and I still follow along to see how you are all going, and send you all big puffs of baby dust!

Starflame, I saw your query re HPTs (IC versus other HPTs), and thought I would reply. In my experiences, FRER show up positives more clearer, and earlier than the ICs. If I were in your situation, I'd grab a 3 pack of those to test with tomorrow morning (using FMU). I'd still be trying to get in to see a doctor to see what is going on. Who knows... the appointment may end up being used to confirm your BFP, get your early pregnancy bloods done, and get a referral to the antenatal clinic at your local hospital!

Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.
    So if Im 1 or 2 weeks late and still getting BFNs on the ICs would it just be safe to assume Im not preggers? I did a FRER test last Thursday and that was Negative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it would hurt. It's been a week since yore negative with first response. I agree with others to get a three pack of first response from a woollies or Coles. Don't bother with the other brands. See what it says. If you're pregnant then I guess there's no rush and the doctors can wait until u can go to the family dr near your mums etc.

I had a cycle of 52 days the cycle before falling pregnant with my daughter
    Last edited by Mummy2MissA; 02-02-2012 at 14:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only Doctors that bulk bill in our area is one down the road from me but you cant make an appointment. Its a walk in service and theyll see you when they can see you. Its similar to an emergency room. My friend waited in there for 4 1/2 hours before he got in. My DP went to go to that doctor the other day and there was like 50 people in there (no lie) so he just walked out. I dont fancy sitting in there for hours. Im going to have to visit my family doctor next time Im at my mums.[/QUOTE]

What a pain I don't blame you for not wanting to sit around in there waiting that's a joke.