+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    600
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wonder if I can somehow make two bottles and mix so the taste isn't as strong .. I don't like playing around with this sort of stuff though paed isn't available until Thursday. I will call his surgery tomorrow and see if they will contact him via phone or if I have to, go to the GP. I feel as though the more I expose him to HA and cows milk protein the worse his allergies will get!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzabee View Post
    I think I had better. - he isnt on solids at all. Thanks so much, I think I'd be more comfortable if he was on one of the others like LCP and apparently the terrible taste isn't there - does the LCP come flavoured or plain??
    It's plain, there are no flavoured options. Apparently it is more palatable that the other types - hopefully you can get that one and he likes it! Call your paed ASAP as tell them he's refusing feeds, they should see you straight away or give you a new prescription.

    Oh I hope the LCP works, how stressful!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    600
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    It's plain, there are no flavoured options. Apparently it is more palatable that the other types - hopefully you can get that one and he likes it! Call your paed ASAP as tell them he's refusing feeds, they should see you straight away or give you a new prescription.

    Oh I hope the LCP works, how stressful!
    I will call in the morning and speak to the receptionist and see what she can do. I hope it works too. We are lucky in the sense that he can still have HA if we absolutely need to but I don't want to risk a sudden severe reaction, which paed told me can happen.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzabee View Post
    I wonder if I can somehow make two bottles and mix so the taste isn't as strong .. I don't like playing around with this sort of stuff though paed isn't available until Thursday. I will call his surgery tomorrow and see if they will contact him via phone or if I have to, go to the GP. I feel as though the more I expose him to HA and cows milk protein the worse his allergies will get!
    Some people do suggest mixing and slowly increasing the Neocate but I wouldn't do it without speaking to the Dr first. I don't like messing with this stuff either - especially with a baby that has already had so much trouble with foods!

    Sorry I keep missing your posts - DD is having a rough night. Gotta love teething!!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    600
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Some people do suggest mixing and slowly increasing the Neocate but I wouldn't do it without speaking to the Dr first. I don't like messing with this stuff either - especially with a baby that has already had so much trouble with foods!

    Sorry I keep missing your posts - DD is having a rough night. Gotta love teething!!
    fingers crossed that she feels better soon!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cows milk protein allergy?
    By Sarelou in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 22:21
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 20:45
  3. Cow's Milk Protein Intolerance - Did your child grow out of it???
    By Witchypoo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 20:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months (Oct-Mar). Our indoor centre at Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!