+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try goats milk formula, easy to digest I have known many babies to do just as well on this as the prescribed formulas.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Try goats milk formula, easy to digest I have known many babies to do just as well on this as the prescribed formulas.

Goats milk formula is not suitable for CMPI as the protein strings in GM are very similar as in CM

Script formula has had the protein strings denuded or partially digested and is usually prescribed from a thorough Dx

If it was as easy to swap GM formula for script formula's Dr's, the govt and parents would do so as script formula is very expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Goats milk formula is not suitable for CMPI as the protein strings in GM are very similar as in CM

Script formula has had the protein strings denuded or partially digested and is usually prescribed from a thorough Dx

If it was as easy to swap GM formula for script formula's Dr's, the govt and parents would do so as script formula is very expensive
    Ok geez, just advising what worked for us, it was a SUGGESTION, no need to be snappy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Ok geez, just advising what worked for us, it was a SUGGESTION, no need to be snappy!

Not a case of being snappy , just correcting misinformation

(BTW - I'm not the one yelling )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post

I agree! DDs formula was $53 a very small tin. GM is just as bad.

If you can't get into a pead go to your GP are ask to go on neocate or elicare.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzabee View Post
    Thanks so much! So far he has reacted to: pears, apples, avocado, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato. I thought it may have been the beta-carotine (?) in the orange foods which is why I tried the other stuff. Squash zucchini and potato hasn't had a reaction thus far. A trial tin would be good, I'll definitely ask about that. I switched from normal to soy with same reaction eventually, reluctant to try the partially hydralised as it is costing a fortune and doesn't always work. I agree about the testing, I'd much rather him have the scratch test as opposed to bloods but how to get paed to agree? I guess he may now given that we thought it was the food last time and now it seems that it may be formula - I think it is very much needed. Out of curiosity, I wonder if they will test for those particular foods that he reacted to as well - I eliminated all foods but wasn't sure how long to do it for, it was only 2 days max. As soon as I gave him pears by themselves (before formula) he came up with a reaction. In hindsight 2 days was probably not sufficient but I had figured that as the reaction occurs as he consumes something it would not matter. A bit unsure - im a first timer and haven't been through this before! Thank you for all of your help!
    Get a referral to an immunologist/allergist as opposed to a paed.

Elimination is generally for a fortnight - it takes about that long for the gut to heal.

The responses that your describing (skin reactions) are normally an allergy type response, not a intolerance response.

An allergist/immunologist can often give your trial tin of script formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to just add that DD was full BF when we found out about her allergies. I went vegan and it did nothing! She actually got worse. so please don't punish yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone - we got into paed tomorrow and I'm asking for a referral to an allergist. This has gone too far and I'm very concerned about the log term repercussions of not being able to eat all of these foods. I think I will go with the skin scratch test. I will let you all know how he goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I will also ask for trial tin or formula - if no luck there I will go to chemist warehouse! Thanks so much, I was at my wits end. I just picked him up from daycare and apparently e had no reaction to formula there but broke out in rash from banana!!! Arrrrggghhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So he has been prescribed Neocate advance. I had heard it was not great tasting so I got the tropical flavour. Oh my goodness. He has eaten about 100ml in 12 hours and I don't blame him. Yuck. Gag. I'll try as get the pharmacist to order in the normal - the dr told me I can't add anything to it to make it more palatable but I will if it means the difference between dehydration and being okay! I have no idea what to do with the other stuff - will the pharmacist be able to send it back? I don't care about getting money back etc!