+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sperm Analysis - What Steps?

Hi gals,

Well, tomorrow I'll be on CD1 of our 8th cycle TTC and my hubby and I have decided that a SA is in order since, according to temps & OPKs, I'm ovulating. Do we call a FS and request one or does he need to see the GP and ask for a referal? Do we need to see GP/FS together? I'll be 30 in a few weeks, will that count towards the six months I need to 'try' before seeing a FS? I just want to be sure there's nothing wrong before we keep trying ... I'm starting to lose the positivity I need!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    We got a SA on my husband around the 9th month TTC and that was with a 90 day cycle thrown in there! Just go to your GP and request one, you don't need to get the referral for it from a FS. We ended up seeing a FS based on the results (not super bad but not fantastic) and the fact that my cycles were so erratic. I was only 26 and was desperate for a baby and, like you, didn't want to be wasting any time!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH went to his dr and was told to come back after 12-18 months of TTC. But then went and saw mine and no problems.
    It's just a GP referral, then you can drop the sample into the centre (within an hour) or some clinics have on site rooms.
    A 21 day progesterone blood test is also a good idea to start. It is the only way to confirm O.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. DH hasn't been to a GP in Oz yet, so he'll probably go to mine ... hopefully he'll just OK it straight away.

Would I see the GP about a progesterone test or see a FS? TTC was supposed to be easy and happen straight away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The blood test is just a GP referral as well, while your there also get a referral for a pelvic ultra sound.

They make sure there isn't any blockages anywhere.