+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    DD was born on July 1 2010, and the drs go by the 1st of each month. So that's what I do.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)
    Ah see so the same as DD born on the first day of month so you count in that whole month right because it's the 1st day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I've found the general rule of thumb is up to 3 months you refer to their age in weeks and then up to 2 years you refer to their age in months, from then on in years.

There is no rule as such, but I find that in talking to people (except mums of new bubs) they don't seem to have a concept of what a '21 week old' baby should look like/be doing/etc, but they might have an idea of what a '5 month old' looks like/etc. People do understand up til 12 or 13 weeks though and so now that my bub is 13 weeks old today I will start going by months, but I will say things like '3 and a half' months.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    21 weeks 4 days.

It can be confusing straight after the whole pregnancy thing where you do week 1 of a pregnancy compared to 1 week pregnant….etc. I thought my 4 month old was 5 months old this morning - just baby brain at work there though.

If you use the calendar & see the 1st is a monday then each monday from there represents a new week, until you get to this week (you will find 21 weeks & four days have passed). I use months now…so much easier.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 29-12-2011 at 17:07.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I've found the general rule of thumb is up to 3 months you refer to their age in weeks and then up to 2 years you refer to their age in months, from then on in years.
    this, but i say shes 1.5 years rather than 19.5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    21 weeks 4 days.

It can be confusing straight after the whole pregnancy thing where you do week 1 of a pregnancy compared to 1 week pregnant….etc. I thought my 4 month old was 5 months old this morning - just baby brain at work there though.

If you use the calendar & see the 1st is a monday then each monday from there represents a new week, until you get to this week (you will find 21 weeks & four days have passed). I use months now…so much easier.
    Thank you for this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd is just over 8 months. I say 'just over', soon it will be '8 and a half months', and soon after that it will be 'almost 9 months'.

She was born on the 24th, so each month on the 24th I increase her age by a month.

In the early days, weeks and months can be quite different (rather than just assuming there are 4 weeks to a month) - 3 months is about 13 weeks rather than 12, and 4 months is over 17 weeks, not 16 weeks.

As they get older the 'weeks and days' are less important and people start talking in months.

I had to get my head around it at first, the mach nurses wanted to know *exactly* but no one else really cares that much they just want a general idea

Some people in the know would say 'ah, you're still talking in weeks, she must be young'