+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default LF formula + Reflux

hi
    my lo has reflux and reacts badly to the karicare thickner so i tried novalac reflux and it has made her worse and really unsettled. i was thinking maybe a LF formula would be better for her but am not sure which one is recommended or how this will go with her reflux
    any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What is LF?

My little one had silent reflux for the first four months of her life - at 14 weeks I weaned her and started FF, we initially used the Nan HA Hold formula which is 100% whey, and just before Christmas I changed her to Nan Pro Gold which is 65% whey and 35% casein if I remember correctly - we have had no problems... Our paed. told us that anti reflux formulas can actually make it worse...

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A lactose free formula will only help if your bub is lactose intolerant. What does your dr think? We had the same kind of problems getting DS to feed and ended up with a prescription formula but DS is soy and cows milk protein intolerant.

It can be really hard to know what to do when bub has bad reflux and difficulty keeping milk down. Is bub on losec or zantac as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No meds yet doc wanted to try the thickener
    I talk to ppl who say lactose free can be gentler on their belly and easily dugested
    I'm seeing doc tomorrow
    Bellamys before novalac back to bellamys today because sges so unsettled on the novalac