+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got one for DD and it was lame!

She hated it! Or rather she loved leaning over the side of it to grab everything and anything!! Drove me mental!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i borrowed one for DD2 and only used it a half dozen times before she learnt how to 'pop' herself out of it by doing what can only be described as the stiff starfish manouver.
    after she mastered that it was no longer safe to use

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We haven't used ours as much as I thought we would. Not a bad option to use for feeding when you go to someone else's house. Hardly ever use it at home. No regrets buying it though, as I shopped around & got it for $50, and you can easily sell them on eBay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I borrowed one and DS hates it!! So glad i didn't spend money on one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving the Bumbo at the moment. I use it:

As a highchair (with the tray) when going out. So portable!

Instead of our highchair when she is feeding herself something messy. So easy to clean!

When I take her somewhere where I don't want her crawling on the floor/ground

We've been using it since 6m, she is currently 8m, and I hope to use it until she grows out of it.

I have heard people say that they use it on the kitchen table/bench but I would never trust this. Dd sits in it on a plastic mat on the floor when eating, throws her food around and folds herself in half to pick up the food and keep eating. It would be just too dangerous on a raised surface!

Even if she only uses it for 6 months I would still consider it one of my best investments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOVE our Bumbo! It has been sooo convenient and we have gotten so much use out of ours! I just wish I'd found it earlier (used it since about 6-7 months). It got even more handy when bub started becoming mobile and won't sit still - when put in his Bumbo he actually stays in there, yay! If he does try and get out, the tray makes it safer and impossible to get out of hehe. I often feed him breakfast in his on the kitchen bench, as we have a breakfast bar (obviously never leaving him unattended), we always take it over to people's houses as it is a great way to keep bub contained so he will actually sit and eat with us, can be put on the table or whatever. Soo easy, portable & convenient! Much easier to clean than our highchair too, so for any casual eating (nearly all except dinner time) he's in the bumbo. one of our best buys.

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's bad for babies spines to be sitting so upright in anything before they're able to do it by themselves..even propped up in pillows.

I never had a Bumbo so can't comment on the product...a lot of people love them and lots of people use them on their kitchen bench. I have a friend who's baby broke his leg falling out of his bumbo that was on the kitchen bench so I wouldn't do that...I just didn't have a use for one and not sure what all the fuss is about really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Neh, waste of money for us.
    DS could fling himself out and was sitting unasissted by 4.5 months anyway, I know people who have loved it though I guess it just depends on your baby.

They have a good re-sell value so not much of a gamble trying it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved ours. DD could sit unassisted when we got one, but was great to use as a highchair when out (when she was too little for proper high chairs). She couldn't get out of it as her leg chub kept her in!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies. I don't intend on putting him in it on the kitchen bench especially after some of your posts. I also don't intend on leaving him in it all day (seriously who does this?). I like the idea of using it as a highchair when out and about. Wow Picasso- sitting up at 4.5 months superbaby! I think I'm sold on the idea, will probably get one second hand anyway.