+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just move! Yeah,it might put you out of pocket breaking the lease..but IMO it would be worth the money to get out of there!Have a chat to the RE agents about it and see what they say,,,
    I want to move too for the same issues but we own the house so are stuck here

Thanks
    Reviews
    . Those neighbours are just too weird. If I was in your situation I would feel more comfortable by moving.

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Move to somewhere rural!!
    Ahh yes, the space, the peace ........neighbours a greater distance away.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty21 View Post
    It's likely to get worse from here on and not better.. It doesn't sound quite right
    Totally agree. Way too possessive, controlling and creepy!

Its good that you have got to the point of being p!ssed off, they say women are like tea bags - you don't know their strength until they are in hot water. I would remain pleasant but distance yourself as best you can. I would stay away from the pm and text messages as that just gets really messy.

Read your tenancy agreement and check if there is a way for you to break it. My understanding is that periodic tenancy agreements can be ended without reason provided you give a minimum of 21 days notice in writing. A fixed term agreement can be ended by written agreement signed by you and the landlord. If you dont have the written agreement then you may be liable for rent until a new tenant is found.

I would let the real estate / landlord know that you are no longer comfortable living where you are and would like to move. The real estate may have someone looking for a rental property in that area, allowing you to end your lease early by agreement with the landlord. They may even be more accommodating if you ask them to find a new rental for you. That way they are retaining you and picking up a new person as well (more commission for them).

Good luck with it.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha1984 View Post

My friend (S) feels quite uncomfortable coming here, as she always gets stared down if they are home and the female (we'll call her K) has often, come to her car, if we've been out together, taken my DD out as fast as possible and gone to her house, while I get out of the car and say good bye:
    So the neighbour comes and takes your daughter out the car and whisks her inside her house without your permission - just comes up to the car you arrived in and takes your daughter??

That stands out to me as red alert stuff. That and her partner picking up the ice cube and suckng on it before giving it to DD when they know he has glandular fever, which can be passed on through saliva.

I would be doing whatever I could to stay away from this couple. I'd break the lease and move personally. And I would tell them that are NEVER to take your daughter like that. EVER.

Peculiar seems too nice a word for this couple.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Why run away when you've just moved in? Remove yourself from them. Give them what they've asked for - honesty. They ask you over, say no! If they ask why, tell them that it's because they're a pair of slack jawed yokel freaks who your sick of spending time with and having your b00bs oggled at and that you would rather stick toothpicks under your fingernails than tolerate spending any time with them anymore!

Or something to that effect...

They'll be so surprised!

Seriously though, why don't you just try and distance yourself?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (29-12-2011),Guest1234  (29-12-2011),Turk EnJayDee  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklydreamer View Post
    So the neighbour comes and takes your daughter out the car and whisks her inside her house without your permission - just comes up to the car you arrived in and takes your daughter??

That stands out to me as red alert stuff. That and her partner picking up the ice cube and suckng on it before giving it to DD when they know he has glandular fever, which can be passed on through saliva.

I would be doing whatever I could to stay away from this couple. I'd break the lease and move personally. And I would tell them that are NEVER to take your daughter like that. EVER.

Peculiar seems too nice a word for this couple.
    Oh yeah and on top of that, the other day I'd left my garage open as I had to put the bins out. It was 5:30 and we were on the phone to DP (always call at that time) she'd sent me msgs I hadn't replied to as I was on the phone. Then she knocks on the door so I answer it, she then takes MY DD out the front and away from the phone call to HER daddy! I was SO p!$$ed about that one. FREAKS!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely time to move, I'd worry they'd still take DD without permission if j separated myself from them especially as DD won't kick up a fuss at it by the sounds of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg Thats seriously scary that they take ur DD out of the car & ur house without asking first!! I would be inclined to take a copy of all fb msgs & ure texts to the police & request a harassment order be issued. Similar to an AVO but for harassment only. Then take a copy to ur real estate & tell them u need to break ur lease & can they find u something else as a matter of urgency. If u give them a copy, they are legally obliged to release u without penalty from ur lease. Huge I can't imagine how horrible it must be feeling like a prisoner in ur own home

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, that's scary that she'll rock up to your house and just take your DD.

And that's why I'd leave even though you've done nothing wrong and they are the freaks. Because I'd be worried for my DD's safety and completely wouldn't trust them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklydreamer For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd go and appeal to the RE agent - explain whats been going on, particularly with regard to taking your daughter without your permission.

Otherwise, get REALLY clear and firm with them. they are NOT to take, touch or come near your daughter without your permission. And you WON'T be giving your permission, so just stay away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    GFP - just re-reading your reply, your resonse is so much like something my Dad would tell me. Haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (29-12-2011)