+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High risk pregnancy - cervix issues

Hi all

Not really sure where to go on this... Here goes, my pregnancy was going well until we had our morph scan at 19 weeks they found my cervix my was funneling so I had an emergency cervical suture that day and on bed rest for two weeks... So went back for a follow up scan an they found the suture had slipped so rushed back to the hospital... There they did further testing and come to the conclusion to risky to do the suture again so I am on progesterone pessaries.. Today went back to the OB he has now put me on complete best rest and once a week OB appointments... I am hoping some of you maybe able to give me some hope.. Just need to get to 24 weeks well that is our first goal.. Would love to hear if someone has been in similar positions and continued pregnancy

Thanks for reading x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there,
    I had a preventative cerclage/ suture placed with DD at 14 weeks as I'd had a previous m/c due to an incompetent cervix (I hate that term).

You may be aware, but I was told by my OB that after about 28 weeks, the size of bub means that they are no longer resting on your cervix directly, and are instead positioned on your pelvis.

I know it seems an eternity away, but 24 weeks is not too far (going off your ticker), so I am sure with bed rest you'll be able to get to that stage at the very minimum. Do you have someone around to help you out day to day?

I had my stitch removed at 38 weeks, and DD hung in there until 41 weeks, despite my cervix being 3 cm dilated since stitch removal.

Wishing you good luck and positivity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had fibroids so had a scan at 28 weeks, fibroids were fine but they found my cervix was shortening and funneling, ( too late for stitch and we are not sure when it started as my last scan was 20 weeks) dr sent me to the hospital to have steroid injections just in case DS came early and also on progesterone pressaries and mild bed rest, next weeks scan showed a slight decrease in cervix length ( I think 2cm from memory ) I then had a scan every week and my goal was to get to 34 weeks, by 34 weeks my cervix had not changed! I stopped the pressaries and still took it easy ( no exercise no heavy lifting and feet up when sitting down) DS was born by elective C section at 38.5 weeks! So yes it was a positive outcome but we did everything we could to help it, good luck and yes hopefully 24 weeks will turn to 28 then 34 then 37+ for you , hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the good news stories... I just have to stay positive and get through the next two weeks!! Arrh so scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well no I am at 23 weeks and 2 days yay getting closer to the 24 week mark which is a first big goal!!

Things had been going well, however now I have had discharge TMI clear then pale yellow and now with a bit of blood not a lot at all though.. We have been the OB and then hospital they are not too worried yet just said to keep up the strict bed rest but it is really doing my head in... They think that the stitch is starring to tear and only worry if I start bleeding like a period.. I am sure things will be ok but just trying to stay in a good place..

They are going to admit me to hospital when I am 24 weeks so just need to stay positive until then.. Has anyone been in this position ?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are things going bobalicious?