+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    never attempt to grocery shop alone(as in, big shop with a trolley) without a baby carrier of some kind.
    Or snacks and distractions (toys etc) when they get older.

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Never leave the house without a spare outfit for baby :-/
    Or yourself, especially if your child is a chucker.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

laurea  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Change nappies before feeding as if they fall asleep while feeding you won't need to wake them

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss sparkle For This Useful Post:

JodieJ  (29-12-2011),sjay  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    one good one I received from an Aunt was:
    always restock the nappy bag with whatever essentials (nappies, wipes, change of clothes etc.) you used as soon as you get home, that way you don't have to rush around before leaving the house - which usually means you'll forget something anyway

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjay For This Useful Post:

JodieJ  (29-12-2011),SugarSkull  (08-01-2012)

I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You are the expert of YOUR own baby. No-one else.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MflUicM For This Useful Post:

Mrs Leto  (07-01-2012),SugarSkull  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by proud-mum View Post

And, your baby knows just how much breastmilk they need and how often they need it (do not listen to those that say feed to a schedule unless you want no milk supply left!)
    Agreed, scheduled feeding does ruin supply, and that extends to ffing as well. Demand feeding is the way to go.

I also second the suggestion of an LC *if* you want to bf. You'll spend $30 a week on formula, forking out for an LC runs out much cheaper if bfing is what you want.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

laurea  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nurse you see when your baby is little (MCHN is whatever they're called) is not God. She will often speak crap and make you feel like the most pathetic parent around. Nearly 6 years on BH has taught me this - SO MANY women come home from seeing one, feeling like the biggest failures.

So my advice: Don't see one, or if you do, see her for the essentials (weighing, etc) and don't let the risk sink in.
    I could not agree with this more. I would also include midwives in this catergory. They don't know you, your baby or your situation. The number I times I saw a health professional with Zack and left on the verge of tears was astounding.

Even though you don't think you have instincts (well I didn't) looking back trusting my gut never steered me wrong

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Krispy21 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol agreed NEVER leave home without a spare outfit. And nappy. Even just a nappy & tshirt. Even if your going to be 5 minutes!!!!!

The first time I decided I could pop to the shop and back without a nappy bag & an empty stroller jasper's nappy EXPLODED poo EVERYWHERE and so I was stuck 5 minutes from home with a screaming 10 month old, covered in poo and absolutely nothing. (thankfully another mum saw my dilemma & gave me a nappy - from her 6 month old girl, but at that point I'd have settled for anything!!! - and wipes just to get him clean enough to run him home!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any breast feeders with some bf tips? DS & I were both so sick and so bf didn't happen for us, I'm hoping when another comes along it will work, but good advice is always handy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Midwives and the ABA will tell you that if your doing it right, it will not hurt and should not feel uncomfortable. This is not my experience at all!
    I fed DS1 until 12 months and am feeding DS2 13 weeks currently, and to start with it hurts like hell! The midwives and MCHN AND lactation consultant all said both boys were attached well, even so it hurt for about 6 weeks.
    I thought I was just doing it wrong and would of given up if I were not so damn stubborn, but turns out all was working as it should, I think it just takes time for your nipples to adjust. So stick in there, it does get easier would be my advice! I'd rather give birth than go through the early weeks of feeding any day!
    But now it's just so easy and convenient I wouldn't have it any other way, makes babies ultra portable!