+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Recent article on the risk of undercooked BBQ meat in pregnant women (made up!).

Claim smell of meat is making you nauseous and you can't face eating it at the moment.

Just don't feel like it! Pregnant woman's prerogative!

I hate it when people are unhygienic! I wouldn't eat it either!

Good luck!

Sent from my phony phone

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Just say you're not feeling well? you're pregnant after all...
    Yeah I would go with this.

Or get your DH to casually suggest BIL wash his hands (gross).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep just say meat totally grosses you out considering you're pregnant and all or that you really arent feeling too good and would rather eat something lighter like a salad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldnt stand meat in my first trimester (It was pasta, bread and potatoes that I couldnt get enough of) so I'd definitely go with "the thought of eating meat makes me soooo nauseous. All I want to eat is carbs and lots of them Got any bread?".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would just saying you're feeling sick and might just pick at the salad. I have a real thing with hygiene and cooking and that is just barf-worthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fried food gave you heartburn and your GP is concerned you might be having gall bladder issues

You have protein in you urine and the GP has suggested you eat no protein for a couple of days

You have a meat aversion ATM and the smell/taste/vision of meat makes you ill

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just say meat isn't agreeing with me today, rather than come off as an overly neurotic pregnant woman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i dont eat steak (the smell and blood... yuk) but she put chicken on the bbq aswell. she does not believe that im not allowed bbq food (grr but went along with it anyway) and cooked me chicken in the fry pan. if she asks about it again i will say that it is something to do with it charing (sp?) and feeling sick even thinking about red meat (that is true)

my bil is SUPER GROSS he NEVER washes his hands before cooking (if you dare to ask if he washed his hands he will scream the house down and start making up random stories to get dh and i in trouble... yep mature much )

thanks for your help ladies. i will make sure i remember all the excuses for next time (i have 3 more weeks of staying with mil and bil... on holidays so its possible it can happen again)