+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update:

Have had mild cramping today with a tiny bit of spotting. Trying to stay calm but starting to panic a bit, had a miscarriage in August and really felt like this was our time....

Furtherly complicated is the fact we have relatives staying with us from overseas who I wouldn't want to share this with.

Called hospital today and they were really nice but said there isn't much point coming in unless the cramping and/or bleeding was stronger.

Totally blows happening at this time of year as if Obs wasn't on holidays I would be in her office in a second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh hon, I hope like anything it's all going to be fine. What a bummer that you just have to wait and see. Lots of hugs and sticky stars for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed everything is ok. When obs are on holidays they normally have a back up ob you can speak to or you could go to a gp to check hcg levels.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, i really hope it isnt the case. If you have cramps though, it might be a miscarriage.

I had two in a row before my daughter & it was devastating - it did make me appreciate my daughter even more though as it was such a journey getting her here. If it is the case, try to take some time away from your relatives to get over it if you can. And remember, this is just a bump in the journey its not the ending.

Have panadol if you need it

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know where you are, but if you are close to a maternity hospital, you can go to their emergency department and get an ultrasound so you know one way or the other.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews

I would go to emergency , tell them you're having cramping and spottng and wanted to check everything was okay. I did this with DS when I had bleeding and cramping and they gave me an ultrasound. I was lucky, DS was okay. for you that everything is fine. The waiting and not knowing is painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would give a quick update....

After cramping and spotting has continued since Wednesday I finally saw GP today. Told her my story and she said it didn't sound good and sent me straight up for a scan.

After a very quiet car ride the scan showed the baby is fine!!! All measuring perfect with HB of 178 bpm.

Technician said that the placenta is growing/implanting a little close to the cervix and that was probably the cause of the bleeding. Know this can be an issue later but am just soooooo relieved bubs is still there I couldn't care less!!

Thank you everyone for your support and advice, it has meant more to me than I can express.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news! I had cramping (sometimes severe) & spotting between weeks 4-8 & I'm now 12.5 weeks. Hope everything continues to go well for your pregnancy.

Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just chiming in here but wanted to say that's awesome for you Caz30102, hope it all goes well and you have a remaining smooth and healthy pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    just came to see how things were going and was going to say I also had spotting and even cramps, i still get cramps now at 19wks and all is good. But glad to hear you have the reassurance now