+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 weeks, complete and sudden loss of pregnancy symptoms.

On Christmas day, at a little over 8 weeks pregnant, I lost all pregnancy symptoms suddenly.

I had been really nauseous, light headed, swollen and bloated stomach, sore and swollen boobs for a few weeks.

Then BAM by Christmas night it had ALL GONE.

I thought I was being a bit mental and should give it a few days, but, alas, four days, none of it has returned.

No cramping or bleeding, just some diarrhea (sorry, TMI).

Not seeing OB till 16/1 when she returns from holidays so I am really at a loss to know what to do - slightly losing my mind!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If there is no bleeding or anything I wouldn't be too concerned just yet.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Caz30102  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I wouldnt be concerned, i went through the same thing, except I wasnt eating so still felt weak. but everything i was copping from the pregnancy all went, and i felt as if i was back to my normal Unpregnant self. im pretty sure its normal around that time. I say enjoy it while you can and until you see your dr unless theres bleeding or any funny changes I wouldnt worry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kb90 For This Useful Post:

Caz30102  (28-12-2011)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had similar last year and unfortunately that pregnancy didn't progress. Sorry. I hope yours is fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Caz30102  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opinionated - How long till you knew something was really wrong? Or did you not find out till a scan.

Forgot to say before, we went for a scan a week and a half ago and bubs was measuring spot on for the dates I thought and had HB of 144 bpm.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    its pretty common to lose the symptoms for a day or two.

I wouldnt worry unless you have severe cramping or a bleed. There are plenty of posts where women have had this happen to them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

laurea  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happened to me at 8 weeks as well. My symptoms totally disappeared for a week, then came back, then went again at 12 weeks. I am now almost 16 weeks and all is well

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Given it was my third pregnancy, I kind of knew. I held out hope, but my breasts had stopped feeling pregnant and the need to pee had decreased. I had a scan at 10 weeks and my suspicions were confirmed. Blighted ovum. The pregnancy sack measured 5 weeks 4 days, so that was when things had stopped progressing. As it had been 4+ weeks and I had not miscarried, I opted for a d+c the following week rather than keep waiting.

I am sorry if I sound like a downer. However, I am the type of person that likes to know all the possible outcomes to prepare myself for them, good or bad. Maybe you are similar. I hope yours all works out fine and you have a healthy baby next year. Op the heartbeat sounds positive, at 5w4d, I would not have had a baby with a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 28-12-2011 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Opinionated. Yes, I do like to be prepared for all possible outcomes.
    As this is my 2nd bubs, I too feel like this is not how this should be progressing. However, will try to stay positive and see how I am in a week or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Over the first trimester for my third I would suddenly lose all symptoms and would freak out and worry about what was happening. I would keep touching my boobs to see if they were sore and look at the toilet paper for blood every time I went. I would keep hoping for the return of the symptoms so I would 'feel' pregnant.

And I now have a beautiful 6 week old baby so for me it was completley normal.

From all the research I have done and speaking with my middie and OB, its actually normal to lose symptoms and have them return a couple of days later. Its your body getting used to the flood of hormones.

I bought a doppler of eBay so when I was worried I could listen to bubs heartbeat to be reassured.

Take it easy....try not to stress but if you are really concerned you can go to the emergency dept and they can listen for the bubs heartbeat if you need some piece of mind.