Fibromyalgia and chronic pain support thread | Page 8 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi V8. I am new to such forums. I can tell you that you are not alone or the only victim to this miserable condition. I was recently given the label for this condition which makes me feel sick to write it. It takes away years from you as a human being like a thief in the night and not knowing what just happened. It took my youth life from me and left my questioning how this happened. I tried a few doctors and they all could care less thinking here we go again another young one doesnt want to work. Until late 2015 I starting seeing my child hood doctor and he looked after me on the spot. started treatment, he ruled out other factors such as MRI and xrays, several blood test and soon told me this is the problem. Lyrica and Endep is given and works well. it can take up to several months to see change but it has improved. I am a chronic case of this condition. Find a Doc that will ask lots of questions and tell every symptom you have may have! Best words I can offer atm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was recently labelled with this awful disease and for the last 13 years of my life I would be knocked out for upto 16 hours. When those migraines kicked in I literally passed out. Only now am I starting to see an improvement since my good doc treated me. This is a life breaker. My only regret is that I lost 13 years of my life to this battle. It has ruined my youth because it took its toll on me. I am proud that somehow I still managed to punch back with what little I had left in me. I am now 27 and I do hope I get back up and fight harder for that time lost! The medication given has remarkably improved my life by 50% somewhat better than 5% I had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I will have a look at some natural therapies, Majong, but not sure if I can use them - I tried magnesium at the suggestion of someone but it gave me diahorrea (I also have IBS issues so have to be really careful).

Any advise as to how I can work through a bad headache? Given I get them almost every day it makes it really difficult to even do things as simple as housework. I made the stupid mistake of enrolling into an online course, thinking that I'd be headache-free long enough to do it. Obviously it was wishful thinking because they are back. Almost every day I end up with a headache so I'm finding it virtually impossible to get the course done. It's making me really angry & anxious and I'm lashing out at everyone because of it.

Also, we really want to go away on a camping/hiking trip, but there won't be any access to microwaves for my heat pack etc and I'm really anxious that I'm going to spend the entire trip with a headache. It also makes it hard that I have to take panadol with food otherwise it makes me really nauseous, and if a headache hits in the middle of a hike after we have eaten our lunch, I'm not really sure that some dried nuts & a few lollies will really cut it as far as food to take a panadol with. Therefore I'll be really anxious about taking it in case I get nauseous.

I've given up on ever finding a cure for this problem but it's really hard to manage because it dictates so much of my life! Eg, we went to a sports shop today & they had an indoor climbing wall there - I really wanted to have a go but I knew there was no point because I was guaranteed to set my neck off.

If I could find a way to work through the pain I would be much happier cause I could do the things I wanted to do (even if I did have a headache). Maybe it would be less enjoyable due to the headache, but at least I'd get to do it. I feel like I'm spending my life sitting around favouring my neck & never doing anything cause I ALWAYS hurt myself. I don't want to die having never done heaps of the things I wanted to do just cause of my stupid neck & never-ending headaches.
    I'm not sure if this will help, but you can buy instant reusable heat packs that activate when you press a 'button' in them. With mine you then heat them in water to use them again. I bought mine years ago now so they may be different. Here's a link mine look similar to these ones. They are fantastic for camping. Even to heat a bed when it is cold.
    http://www.mediheatpacks.com.au/shop/au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @benni I've had fibro supposedly for 11yrs but am the extreme opposite in that I don't sleep.

I also would rather chew my arm off than ever touch endep ever again, that stuff nearly drove me to suicide and did nothing for the pain. I suffered the most horrendous 18mths of my life on that drug.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

benni  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ICanDream, I am not aware that endep was able to affect individuals in this way. The first month or so was really rocky for me with endep, it did increase my anger levels over the top at times, but I kept my cool by staying away from others just incase it gave bad effects, pretty much isolated myself in my room most times of the day. I used to be like yourself not being able to sleep and most days I would go without sleep for 72 hours because the pain and the depression was huge for me. Now after several months after I am taking it in a cycle because it takes 5-6 hours to kick in and slowly puts me into a sleep gradually, eases me in. I am very fortunate that the only thing happens is that it causes me to eat so I try to limit the food intake. Oh man, Seriously, I could not handle the pain nor the tiredness any longer i was close to suicide without it. I take about 150mg of Lyrica and 50g Endep. High dosage. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced that with endep. I just wanted to reduce the impact because I felt like I was burning alive and no one could see it. My body, I felt like a 100 degrees and inflamed. so I was willing to try anything. It messed me up pretty badly and no one saw this. Most times I would suffer quietly because no one was able to help until I begged my child hood doctor to treat me. The migraines have some what weakened and but I sense im brained is somewhat messed up from the endurance of the pain and pysch mess that occured. I still worry whether I will be employable because I was in and out of this terible condition and it strikes me down hard when I am in the the process of embarking a career or study opportunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you taking anything to help somewhat with the pain endurance and flare ups? How did you cope with it so long..I feel like need to air this condition out of me and the only way I can do this is by talking about because I want to listen to other's experiences, so I can better understand it awful subtle attacks and that I am not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand exactly what you are you going through. Its an awful thing because it gives no rest or time out and if it does, its tricky because when you think you have a day off, it unleashes its wrath upon you... Have you tried any other medications apart from panadol...Lyrica etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have fibro but I do have Wilson's disease which is a chronic disease that causes chronic pain and is very rare. I have previously been on lyrica and endep. I am currently having to manage with Panadol and panadine as I am pregnant. Fortunately before I had my first I trialled prolotherapy injections which reduced the nerve pain that I suffered down my leg so I am coping without the Meds. I am hoping to get into physio soon though to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I started this thread years ago, strange that this is the first time I've logged on in a very long time and this thread pops up on new posts. Sorry to hear of your struggles with chronic pain too Bennie and Icandream and Samymt.

It's such a struggle hey, each day I swear I have new pain symptoms. Today I'm finding it painful to walk as the pressure on my arches are killing me and then it's painful when I actually walk, it's really annoying.