+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cat urine smell on my Mountain Buggy!

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am about to sell my Mountain Buggy Duo which is only 14 months old and is in perfect condition EXCEPT that it has been covered and stored in our garage when not in use, and the neighbours' Tom cat has sprayed on it and it now stinks! I have tried to clean it with eucalyptus oil and warm water, but the smell is still there. I am SO angry as the pram is in pristine condition except for the putrid smell.
    Does anyone have any solutions as to how I can get my beautiful pram smelling fresh again. PLEASE!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Take the covers off and take it into a dry cleaner maybe?
    Or soak the cover in a tub full of nappysan? Over night.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh no I have no idea (apart from taking the covers off and washing them) I would be livid though if someones cat p!$$ed on my duo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Take the covers off and take it into a dry cleaner maybe?
    Or soak the cover in a tub full of nappysan? Over night.
    It says not to dry clean the seats, but I'm at desperation point! I figure if the smell doesn't come out, then I won't be able to sell it anyway, so I may as well take the chance with a dry cleaner. I could just cry - $1100 (I bought the bassinet, storm cover, fleece liners as well), down the drain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take all the covers off that you can.. Wash in warm wash with like, literally, a whole bottle of fabric softener.

Hang it in the sun to dry, and then wash again with warm water but nothing else.

Our Tom cat sprayed on our LOUNGE(!!!!!!!) and I was ready to go out and buy a whole new one lol - but mil took it to her house and washed the covers how I mentioned above and it's never smelt/looked so clean!! She left the cushions in the sun for a day or two and they dont smell at all!

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    It says not to dry clean the seats, but I'm at desperation point! I figure if the smell doesn't come out, then I won't be able to sell it anyway, so I may as well take the chance with a dry cleaner. I could just cry - $1100 (I bought the bassinet, storm cover, fleece liners as well), down the drain!
    Dry clean - to me... This means gentle machine wash ONLY an dp not, under any circumstance, put it in the dryer. Lol.

To be safe, if you're worried... Put it on a cold wash. But def wash twice and hang in the sun for a while.

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yuck, nothing is worse than cat urine smell. Foul.
    Ive found nothing gets it out. Wash the heck out of it so its clean but it may just be a case of leaving it to air out for a few weeks until the smell breaks down on its own. My female cat peed on our fabric couch many moons ago and we tried everything including getting a dry cleaner out to give it a shot but nothing made it go away. Eventually the smell broke down on its own but we got rid of the couch in the end.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, cat pee is the WORST smell in the world and very hard to get out.

I would google for cleaning suggestions and I know there would be some substances that are better at breaking down the smell than others.

You can also get stuff from pet stores specifically for cat urine- I put some of that in the wash when I wash kittys bedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a mountain buggy but the urban jungle one and when I bought it there was a smell of chemicals that I couldn't get rid off.
    So I soaked the covers over night then left it outside.
    The covers where fine no damage at all.
    Cat smell is much harder to get out. Maybe soak first then wash then hang out in the sun? Worth a go.
    As for dry cleaning I would give it a go as a last opinion because you haven't got anything to lose.
    Or can you buy new covers and then sell? Would it be worth it?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just wanted to add to be very careful with the water temp I've washed another prams set of covers of the same material and they shrunk, maybe check with MB on how best to clean it?