+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on baby Emmett's arrival! Glad to hear that he is doing well, considering he was so early. Totally understand the frustration of having a baby in NICU. If you feel they are pushing him too hard, please make it known. Have a meeting with the Drs and have your say. After all, he is YOUR son. HOpefully they are doing what is best for him, but even if you just discuss your concerns with them, they may be able to talk to you about why they are doing certain things, and may help make you feel better. Big hugs to you. And to little Emmett. I hope he continues to flourish and break outta there soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Markys Mum For This Useful Post:

Kyahli  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone, just a quick note to let you know Emmett got out of NICU about 2 days ago, and is now in SCN.

He is doing so well! Kyahli has obviously been quite busy and I've not talked to her in a little while (I've been busy with my little guy's birthday ~ a whole year since our own premmie journey ~ how time flies, and oh my, how they GROW!)

I'll try her again tomorrow and see if I can report back. Hope all of you are well. Cheers, BaronessM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (14-07-2012),mim1  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, Emmett now gaining a little weight, and Kyahli thinks he will likely be transferred closer to home within days. He needs to be 1400g for transfer, and is a shade off, so soon....soon...

Kyahli ~ don't be surprised if he's a bit out of sorts after the trip. It really knocked my little guy around when he travelled; so much so, they thought he was having a bad reaction to the meds. His temp went up, he was restless, had myoclonic jerks and the sweats and shivers, and generally looked crap for about 24hrs after. They explained this happens a lot when bubs travel.

Once Emmett is 1600g he can come out of the isolette, into an open cot and can be clothed. Gold Coast are not allowing K to clothe bubs just yet; my how different each hospital is!

At Box Hill Hosp in Melb my bubs Blake was 2kg before he was weaned off his isolette (and he was nowhere near as little or early as Emmett), and was allowed to wear clothes in iso from the time he came out from under phototherapy for jaundice (where they are naked, save for a nappy)....

Once Emmett is moved, the hospital policy may be different, and Emmett may be allowed to wear clothes! I have a feeling it's so the baby is handled as little as possible to assist weight gain, but what would I know! I'll have to ask Kyahli if she is allowed Kanga care at this stage.

Right now Emmett is receiving Sodium and Caffeine, and oral Pentavite and Iron. Not sure if he still has his Umby IV in. More Q's for K!

Will report back with my findings tomorrow!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Kyahli  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news that he is in SCN now, and soon able to travel. Now just the very long and slow journey of getting him fit and healthy to go home

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Markys Mum For This Useful Post:

Kyahli  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, had a little message today that Kyahli and Emmett will be home soon. She said, "We're going home!" Not sure if that means today or soon, but is good news, nonetheless.

Bubs is home well before his due date, which is fantastic (and which he had buckleys of staying in the womb till, anyway!)

Congratulations, Kyahli. You made it through this trying time, and can be home with your family, kids, new bubba and horses! Enjoy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

mim1  (19-08-2012)