+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck and hope it is not to stressful.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smilewithme View Post
    Good luck and hope it is not to stressful.

Thank you. Me too! Seems there is a lot I am meant to remember.

Oh what do I wear? Any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time I just wore black pants and a nice shirt. And the first time a black skirt and nice top. When is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smilewithme View Post
    Last time I just wore black pants and a nice shirt. And the first time a black skirt and nice top. When is it?

It is meant to be really hot. I have a navy with white polka dot dress. It is just below my knees has a small sleeve. Otherwise I will just wear work clothes (corporate).
    Last edited by PomPoms; 04-01-2012 at 21:19.

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Don't stress too much about what to wear - just wear something appropriate to the weather. You could wear jeans and a top, so long as it was clean and in reasonably good shape, they'd only comment if it was inappropriate to the time/date/weather (ie if you were in a ballgown they'd probably say something about that, you know?). Part of it will be reference to a mini mental exam (ie oriented to time, person, place, dress and speech appropriate, mood euthymic or otherwise, cooperative or suspicious etc). Best thing to do is just treat it like you would any appointment with any other health care professional or other professional (ie your GP, a nutritionist, your lawyer) and be as open as you think you can be.

Generally, in the ones that I've been involved in, each parent and partner is interviewed separately and then, if they children aren't too shy or scared, they're interviewed separately too. If they ARE too scared or shy, they're interviewed with both parents (sometimes in 2 separate interviews - ie children with mother, and then a second interview, children with father). The latter situation is avoided where possible but obviously the point isn't to further upset already upset children.

Then the psychologist will write the report up. Be aware that they're not always all that accurate or fair and if you don't like what's in it or don't agree, you have the right to hire your OWN psychologist to do a report.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Tam

Looks like we are coming to orders by consent anyway after all this. Although a family report was still wanted.

I am worried about the kids. They have been interviewed by so many people. In the past few months they have come ahead so much, I am just hoping that this won't bounce us back to how they were then, if that makes sense.

I am going to tell them that we are seeing someone tomorrow who will help Mummy and Daddy sort things out and leave it at that.

I am a little concerned that I will asked to be interview with my ex. My lawyer said that I can refuse this saying that I won't be able to express myself naturally if he is with me. According to my lawyer, DP and my parents he is an expert at manipulating me. So this concerns me a little.

I will be glad when it is over!
    Last edited by PomPoms; 04-01-2012 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did it go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went okay. Did not interview my DP though. She was with the kids for about 10mins. She observed us with the kids for about 10mins (if that). Same with my ex and the kids.

I am still exhausted by it I think lol. Glad it is over!