+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Family Report

Has anyone had a family report done for a Family Law Court procedure? Just wondering what the go is and what happens etc etc

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm wondering the same thing ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not as stressful as I thought it was going to be. DH and I attended with DSS and BM was to attend as well. Everyone got interviewed individually and then the interviewer (from memory she was a child psychologist that now worked for the court) prepared a report for the court proceedings with her recommendations based on what was said and her observations.
    In our situation I don't think it was a very accurate account of our situation. BM is a pathalogical liar so it was no surprise that there were things written in the report that she had told the interviewer (DH and I just had to shake our heads). We felt very let down by the court system with regards to DSS. It seems like BM almost has to be a serial killer before they believe they are not capable of caring responsibly for the child. DSS has no stability with BM but we feel powerless. There would be no way DH and I would EVER go through the court system again.
    I wish you luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mizz For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the information. We have one next week.

How long did the whole thing take? Also what sort of questions did they ask? This is about my children and my DP will be with me. My ex will also be there of course. This person is a psychologist that the independent children's lawyer has chosen, purely on the basis that it was the one was able to do the report the soonest.

After a whole heap of crap my ex now wants to have orders done by consent as soon as possible but we still have to do this because of the independent children's lawyer.

I am hoping that it is not as stressful as I am thinking it is going to be. We of course have an appt with our lawyer before we go. But I am just trying to get as much info as I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had two done. You and your partner will be interviewed and asked about your relationship with your ex and what issues you might have at the moment, what sort of thing you want in the orders. They will do the same with your ex, they will also observe you with your kids and then your ex. Our last one took 5 hours. If there is anything else you want to know I am happy to help.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Bubhub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smilewithme For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smilewithme View Post
    We have had two done. You and your partner will be interviewed and asked about your relationship with your ex and what issues you might have at the moment, what sort of thing you want in the orders. They will do the same with your ex, they will also observe you with your kids and then your ex. Our last one took 5 hours. If there is anything else you want to know I am happy to help.

Thank you so much! I am hoping it is just not stressful! I am hoping the kids don't go stir crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Thank you so much! I am hoping it is just not stressful! I am hoping the kids don't go stir crazy!
    Are they old enough to explain that they'll need to behave a little while so you can have report done? That it's ok to be their normal selves but please be patient while mummy and daddy go through some stuff with the worker? I'm sure it will be fine the caseworkers are probably used to stir crazy it's not like it's normal circumstances they see families in good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peekaboomummy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time we had our own waiting room with lots of toys and books for the kids, don't stress to much it is never as bad as I thought it would be.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smilewithme For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! Were the children interviewed on their own at all? My children are 4 and 7.

Also not sure what the tell the children. I have not told them anything at this point. I will ask my lawyer tomorrow what is okay to tell them and what is not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone was interviewed individually at ours. DSS was 6 almost 7 and we just told him we were going to talk to a nice lady about what our family is like. That she would talk to him about school and who all of the people were in your family. We were all in a play room together, so as each of us was interviewed the other was still with him. It was all pretty straight forward