+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another vote for vodka cruisers. My favorite when i was 18. Steer very clear of smirnoff double blacks then are potent. You could try lemon ruski. Stay away from Malibu if she hates coconut.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jess1889 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd avoid premixed drinks too - they're easy if you're at a club but if she's going more to wine bars etc then she may as well get something freshly mixed.

Vodka lime and soda is nice and not too strong or bitey.

In regards to wine, you could get her a tasting guide so that she can learn to distinguish between the different varieties and work out what she likes - sweet, dry, fruity etc. I found wine much less 'wine-y' when I could appreciate the differences.

If she does want to try wine avoid really cheap stuff - it's bad for hangovers!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Brown brothers pink zibbibo! It's a sparkling one and so so yummy! I am also a big fan of moscato!
    I don't generally like any wine but LOVE LOVE zibbibo yummy not an over bearing wine at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you can start her on a low alcohol beer that's probably bes t because you can buy them in really low alcohol which is what I stick to most of the time. Otherwise how about Wes tcoast Cooler? It's like a wine but not entirely like a wine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would just go to the bottlo and ask for a sweet bottle of low alcohol sparkling wine, eg moscato.

Tell her to man up and drink beer for when she's going out though, as it's a practical drink which is always available. Seriously though, it will be safer drinking beer as 250ml is a standard drink, versus smaller amounts for wine and spirits. And it doesn't go down as easily as alcopops. I think white beers and golden/summer ales are easiest to drink. Again, if you ask the bottleshop staff, they can help you. Avoid cheap and nasty beer like xxxx, as that would turn anybody off for life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you have some great suggestions already, but I will add my 2cents too

Heaven's Gate Moscato is a very sweet and yummy wine, there is also a white you drink on ice I think it's called O but if you speak to the attendant they will point you in the right directions, it's kind of a bubbly wine and it tastes yummy when you make sorbet champers (just mix a whole bottle with a tub of sorbet)

As far as spirits go, Tequila sunrises and Fruit tingles are easy cocktails to create and as PP have mentioned West coast coolers or Vodka cruisers(the new carnival flavour is yum) are a safe pick also.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I would just go to the bottlo and ask for a sweet bottle of low alcohol sparkling wine, eg moscato.

Tell her to man up and drink beer for when she's going out though, as it's a practical drink which is always available. Seriously though, it will be safer drinking beer as 250ml is a standard drink, versus smaller amounts for wine and spirits. And it doesn't go down as easily as alcopops. I think white beers and golden/summer ales are easiest to drink. Again, if you ask the bottleshop staff, they can help you. Avoid cheap and nasty beer like xxxx, as that would turn anybody off for life.
    XXXX is my beer of choice for the simple reason that it really is available anywhere. Also with that you feel full before you actually have too much alcohol in the system. If that is unavailable the next choice is Hahn for me.

But yes for wine I love the Brown Brothers Moscato or for bubbly I like the Brown Brothers Zibibo Pink.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Corona with a wedge of lime or Carlton draught are my beers of choice rekordelig ciders are excellent, especially the strawberry & lime flavour, tastes just like real strawberries

16. The Following User Says Thank You to escapethefate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    they sell pre-mixed vodka and cranberry, or vodka and blood orange. those are nice

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lots of awesome suggestions already. I definitely agree to start on something sweet.

I just wanted to say I think it is brilliant that your daughter is so level headed that she is yet to try any alcohol. It makes me sad to see kids as young as 12 out roaming the streets at night, drunk. I hope I can raise my kids to be as responsible as yours, OP!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post: