+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Brown brothers pink zibbibo! It's a sparkling one and so so yummy! I am also a big fan of moscato!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    mm bicardi breezers aren't too bad. bicardi is white rum. not quiiiite my taste, but i had them once and once i got drunk enough i stopped being able to taste them anyway lol

i definitely think midori, or if you go vodka either cruisers or smirnoff. smirnoffffffff it's been too long!
    Just not smirnoff black, those things put me on the floor quick smart, from memory (or lack of?) haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    She likes the IDEA of wine but I am not sure she will like taste
    there're only a couple of wines i have actually liked. and only whites. and i've never liked beer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't really drink , I find it quite strong but there are a few things I don't mind.
    1. Gin, lemon and lime (much nicer then vodka or sickly breezers, cruiser etc)
    2. Brown Brothers - Sienna (its a sweet red wines which is quite light -only about 7% alchohol I think. Normal wine is mor elike 12-16%)
    3. Red wine - try a Shiraz or Merlot - both are quite mild types of wine.
    4. Beer - try one without preservatives so she won't get a hangover/headache from all the nasties. Coopers or Natural Blonde.
    5. Cider - preservative free Cidar is Mercury.
    6. Flavoured fruit ciders - Rokenberg or something? They have a few different flavours like apple, grape etc. They are quite nice. About $7 or $8 for a smallish bottle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is moscato the clear pinky coloured wine?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Just not smirnoff black, those things put me on the floor quick smart, from memory (or lack of?) haha.
    smirnoff black with raspberry. haven't been clubbing in months, but that's my clubbing drink of choice!
    wouldn't recommend it as an introduction to alcohol though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also if she loves lemon lime and bitters it works well with southern comfort. Don't know if the drink has a name but DH and I are huge fans of llb and love that.

Coming to you from a galaxy far far away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootedMumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think some bubbles would be good - they tend to be fairly palatable to most. Some are sweeter than others - a cheap bottle that is sweet-ish would be Omni blue...

I prefer a white wine generally though, and like Chardonnay or Sauvingnon Blanc.

When I first starting drinking though, wine was horrible stuff. I wouldn't have it willingly. It took me until I was about 22 to like it somewhat.

Cocktails are always yummy to try... spirits straight-up are pretty gross, and when mixed with coke/orange juice etc they just taste like funny-tasting OJ/coke/etc... lol... so yeah, I'd recommend trying some cocktails. If you go out, you can usually ask someone to make them for you, but at home there's plenty of recipes.

I also really like Midori - it's not terribly strong, but is a beautiful colour and tastes good with lemonade. A Midori Illusion is an easy cocktail too... you can buy these pre-made in bottles or you can DIY (but obviously that's more costly cos you've got to buy a bottle of each spirit you use).

Daiquiris are always good too - mostly just like a frozen drink, but with booze (usually white rum).

I also love margaritas... which are mostly tequila, triple sec, lime juice. Kinda like a boozy lime cordial I suppose... and they taste so much nicer with a salted glass rim.

You can grab some small bottles sometimes too. TBH though, I'd take her out somewhere where they can make them... unless you're having a cocktail party, I find them kind of a PITA to make (you can get pre-made cocktails, but they don't compare to the real thing, and if you get the smirnoff bottles, they tend to taste quite a bit stronger than if you get one elsewhere, ruining the taste for a new drinker).

ETA - I know a PP said Shiraz is a mild red wine, but I really disagree. I have been attempting to get into red wine for a while, and just grabbed a bottle... of shiraz. It was seriously so strong my tummy felt like it was burning out. I asked elsewhere online what to try - and most people assured me that shiraz was for seasoned red wine drinkers, and that pinot noir was a better choice. I ended up getting a pinot noir and it was much milder... less "OMG BURNING!". lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Is moscato the clear pinky coloured wine?
    white. i've had a rose wine though, it wasn't bad.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    smirnoff black with raspberry. haven't been clubbing in months, but that's my clubbing drink of choice!
    wouldn't recommend it as an introduction to alcohol though.
    Yeah, yummy as, but def not for a starter.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post: