+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Iverecently learnt that you can get amber breastfeeding necklaces that help to increase supply too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou everyone for your replies

Just thought if mention - im not keen on taking Motilium and prefer to try natural ways to help increase supply instead, Mainly because when I researched Motilium i couldnt find much information, so makes me a bit weary of it

I have found that the fenugreek does make me feel full when I take it - but not all the time... not sure why it does this

Little-Pink-Hen and others who mentioned the pump expresses differently to DD feeding - I never actually thought about that, it makes sense - if you think about it, its quite obvious haha... Ill have to remember this now when im feeding! shame that the lactation consultant or health nurse never mentioned this...

missie_mack - i have just a quick peep at his website - looks good, im going to have a proper read through after replying here

Thermolicous - I feed her on demand - which is normally every 3/4 hours during the day then at night she sleeps through.
    She is putting on plenty of weight - done her 1.5kg after birth a few weeks ago.
    I think my supply is low because DD empties both sides when she feeds and is still hungry after (i put the pump on after shes fed just to make sure its empty). Iv been to different lactation consultants and they say that DD is attached and feeding properly and just say to continue topping her up with formula
    The first one I went to put me on the fenugreek (this was when DD was 3weeks i think).
    Also i forgot to mention that I have to use Nipple Shields as DD cant attach to my nipples - The lactation consultants said that there is nothing wrong with using them - but iv read otherwise.... ahhh its all so confusing

Also I have check with the lactation consultant and health nurse to see if she is comfort sucking, and they said she isnt - the Lactation consultant said you can tell by the way she sucks.

Oh also i have found all the recipes to help increase supply (no idea where i was looking yesterday, found them straight away today )

THANKYOU AGAIN everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayasmummy View Post
    Thankyou everyone for your replies

Just thought if mention - im not keen on taking Motilium and prefer to try natural ways to help increase supply instead, Mainly because when I researched Motilium i couldnt find much information, so makes me a bit weary of it
    :
    [/COLOR]
    Whilst going natural is obviously the best way when possible, if you do need help then don't fear Motilium, it does work a treat.

Look up the actual prescription of the original drug name if wanting more info...sorry I can't remember it, starts with Dom....Think it's on the ABA site.

Motilium is the cheaper 'alternative' that chemists provide and actually is originally prescribed for nausea until they discovered a side affect is producing milk. Hope this helps a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay ill go research with the real name,
    I'm going to get the prescription tomorrow when DD gets her needles to save me going back later if need be.

I'll let yous know how I go with the cookies/other foods

Sent from my HTC Legend using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know if i have anything new to add, but thought i would just point out some things (i bf my ds1 and have been expressing exclusively for ds2 for 5 months as we had lots of issues and was hospitalised)
    1. jack newman is amazing has lots of good info
    2. motilium works and just because you start it doesnt mean you will be on it forever, you start on a dose and gradually decrase it, if this affects supply you just increase again, i was also on fenureek and blessard thistle.
    3. For 1st 12 weeks a night feed is important as this is when prolactin is at its highest so if bub isnt feeding overnight maybe get up and pump (i know that sucks!! i still get up for the middle of the night pump)
    4.the amount you pump is no indication of how much milk you have, to make your milk flow you need a let down, easy when you are feeding a baby, nice warm fuzzy just looking at bub, but cold nasty pump you dont want to be on, can make it harder!
    5. Nipple shields can affect supply as I think they dont quite allow the breast to empty as much.. basically the more you empty boobs the more milk you will make. I am suprised lc didnt warn you about this (but having said that if you can only bf with a shield go with it.. honestly expressing to provide milk sucks)
    6. as someone said weight gain and wet nappies will tell you if bub is getting enough..
    7. there is an amazing book called breastfeeding made simple, i have borrowwd mine from library at least 6 times.. it explains so much about how bf works.. really helpful info..

Anyway i hope this helps..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You may want to offer the breast more during the day. If bub is sleeping through then you may want to get more feeds in during the day.

Just offering a top-up breastfeed 30-40 mins after a breastfeed will help bub and increase your supply. You could also feed right side, left side, then right side again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My supply dropped around 4 months and dd lost a significant amount of weight. I tried every single natural method before getting a script for motillium. I take 1x 10mg tab 3 times a day and it works brilliantly.

The cookies worked too but I had to eat a lot of them to see results, not good for my waistline or my body odour! Dd and I both reeked of yeast!

I demand feed and while dd was losing weight I was feeding 14 times a day. Switch feeding, pumping after/between feeds, increasing water, fenugreek, oats, cookies, nursing tea, you name it, I tried it.

If your bub isn't losing weight and still has lots of wet nappies I would try all of the natural methods before going to motillium, but in my case it was a lifesaver. 4 months later and still bf happily

Btw- I'm surprised when I see the dose that some people are taking? I thought 8 tabs was the max per day???