+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Driving me nuts!!!! VENT

My 2 DDs are driving me insane, they never listen when told to do something and constantly fight and argue!!! I'm 31 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and I'm honestly too tired to deal with them anymore!!! The lounge room is always a mess and so is their room as they pull everything out and won't listen when I tell them to clean it up. My almost 4 yr old dd has a need to change her clothes about 5-8 times a day in turn leaving me not being able to keep on top of the washing, I don't know how to stop her from doing this but it's driving me nuts!!!! My 6 yr old dd does nothing but hit her younger sister when she doesn't get her way and in turn leads to her retaliating which then causes a massive fight!!!! I'm so sick of wasting my breath talking to them and getting no where that now I hardly take notice to what's going on. Just now I have asked dd1 to pick all her coloring in pages up off the floor in the lounge room and she has now walked Away and left them there !!!! Grrrrrr.... We are living with the in laws at the moment and this just doesn't help !!! I can't discipline them without mil picking them up or conforting them cause they are crying... I have tried numerous times to tell her that she can't do that when they have just gotten in trouble for doing wrong but then I turn out to be the bad guy!! Half the time now I just walk away from it all , she threatens to smack their bum when they are doing wrong but never follows through with this threat which in turn I know leads to why the never listen!! Im just sooo tired of it all and somedays just feel like spending the day hiding in the bedroom and not having to deal with any of it. I have my hands full with our 12 month old son who has just started walking and climbs on anything and everything that will give him leverage to higher places!! It drives me nuts,all I ask of them is to behave and follow instructions that they are given!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to send some hugs.

Your almost 4 year old sounds like my almost 4 year old with the not listening, outfit changes and inability to clean up after herself.

I have no advice other than...leave the kids with mil and go get yourself a pedicure or a massage!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    I have no advice other than...leave the kids with mil and go get yourself a pedicure or a massage!!!
    I have some better advice, leave them with their father while you go get a manicure/ped/massage (using his credit card!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, sounds like some ground rules need to be set with your in-laws, speak to your DH about it and have him set the boundaries or do it together, so they know there will be consequences from their own son if they don't follow.
    My mum had 5 kids, so a mess would be inevitable, but if at any time we neglected our responsibility to clean up our messes it was simple, she would take most the toys, leave a few to play with put them in one room and that was all we were allowed, until we showed we could clean up after ourselves.
    For your 4 year old, does she pick her own clothes out in the morning? If not this might be a good idea. Tell her to choose carefully, as those will be the clothes she wears ALL day.
    Your 6 year old may be hitting and fighting for a number of reason, she may be frustrated about something else, she could just not want to be around her 'baby' sister, she may be bored or needing some extra attention from mum and dad, since another baby is on the way (I'm the eldest of 5 and I don't know what it was but number 4 was really hard for me). Try speaking to her about it, have some morning tea together like 'grown-ups' (so she feels respected and special) and ask her about how she's feeling about different things (baby, home life, her sisters etc). Hopefully you can find the problem and work on a solution.
    Above all, make sure your DH is helping you out, and please take care and rest up!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like this advice. I had a day just like this yesterday, I live alone (seperated) so I dont have to deazl with other opinions at least.. But I still have days like these!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    The lounge room is always a mess and so is their room as they pull everything out and won't listen when I tell them to clean it up.
    My house gets like this too. I tell my kids that they have 5mins (or a set amount of time) to clean up their things otherwise it goes in the bin. But you have to go through with it and actually throw them out (or hide them somewhere so the kids actually think you threw them out).

Otherwise make it a game, see who can pack away their things the fastest.