+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd really love to lose about 5-10 kg, but my focus is also on fitness and health and wellbeing. For too long I've been putting off getting healthy, using DD as an excuse for being over weight.

I'm planning on going to get a full checkup at the GP to kick start myself, I'm concerned because I've been sleeping 12 hours a day and still feeling like crap- even worse on less sleep!

Hopefully I can go back to rollerskating at least 3 hours a week and walking some more- we've had shocking weather so walking hasn't been an option really, as I can only go with DD in her pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I'm the opposite with focusing on diet then exercise. I miss both eating well and being active...however I won't start exercising for 2 hours a day just yet. Will build up from 45 minutes a day to 1 hour a day, then 90 mins a day then 2 hours. Takes me a couple of weeks to build up to 2 hours and I never exercise on weekends.
    2 hours a day?? where on earth do you find the energy i'm exhausted just thinking about it LOL

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    we'll all be here to support you
    try to have a good healthy breakfast (muesli and fruit) and have some good carbs with lunch and try for no or minimal carbs at dinner.

in terms of calorie consumption breakfast should ideally be your highest calorie intake, lunch medium and dinner lowest. snacks should only be 150 calories each. if you are going to count calories (which i also found helpful) recommended intake for dieting is, i believe, 1200 - 1500 calories per day.

some bootcamp dvds from big W which i love, and are a good break from doing walking/jogging/running which is quite repetitive. another thing i've found useful is my exercise bike which i picked up for $99, also at big W. i plop it down in front of the tv, put a DVD on and before i know it i've done an hour of exercise!

re weight loss per week... 1 - 2kg per week is a good goal.

i hope this helps you a little
    Thank you mrstuilawa. I need to regularly eat breakfast as I can at times miss it all together. I have never counted calories before so will look into it. The bootcamp dvds and exercise bike sound like a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    500g-1kg is a good weekly loss, more is a bonus! And if you get less take into consideration muscle gain, fluid, AF etc. Also the weight will drop off quicker in the first couple of weeks, you could expect to see losses over 2kg even, don't be disheartned if your losses gradually get smaller.

Also have a 1l bottle of water on hand at all times, when you are bored you will want to eat. Instead drink a big glass of water and then if you are still hungry have a light snack. And as a PP mentioned, your smallest meal should be dinner, I still only have a fairly light breakfast, a larger lunch and a small dinner.

And last but least It only took me 4wks to achieve 45min runs, the Couch 2 5K program runs for 9 weeks (3 days per week) and will gradually build you up to the larger runs, I think around week 6 is when you run your first 20min straight. But once I reached week 6( i was doing 2 weeks in 1 week), I was finding the 20min runs fairly easy to i skipped to the last week which was 45min runs and I still find it fairly easy, but it does get boring and repitive so make sure you have a good music track to listen to.

For me, throwing myself straight into the deep end it what works best. I can't take it at a slow pace as I lose motivation, if I am constantly focused then I don't have the time to slip into old habits and my daily workouts give me a break from the kids
    Thank you MothersInstinct. I do need to drink more water as it has been something that I have negleted to do. I need to decrease the amount of coffee that i drink also. I think the couch to 5k thing would be a good idea but i am sure i will need all 9 weeks to get to the 45 min runs . I think i need to throw myself at this aswell. I need a focus.

I was carrying about 15kg too much prior to becoming pregnant, i guess alot of it crept on as my work load increased, late nights, lack of exercise and takeaway meals. Then the other 15 kg has appeared during and after ds. I am now a SAHM and I guess am now less active then ever before. I had ds in may this year and we didnt venture out and about much over winter. I am finding it difficult to get organised and I only have 1 bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Poppers View Post
    Thank you mrstuilawa. I need to regularly eat breakfast as I can at times miss it all together. I have never counted calories before so will look into it. The bootcamp dvds and exercise bike sound like a good option.

Thank you MothersInstinct. I do need to drink more water as it has been something that I have negleted to do. I need to decrease the amount of coffee that i drink also. I think the couch to 5k thing would be a good idea but i am sure i will need all 9 weeks to get to the 45 min runs . I think i need to throw myself at this aswell. I need a focus.

I was carrying about 15kg too much prior to becoming pregnant, i guess alot of it crept on as my work load increased, late nights, lack of exercise and takeaway meals. Then the other 15 kg has appeared during and after ds. I am now a SAHM and I guess am now less active then ever before. I had ds in may this year and we didnt venture out and about much over winter. I am finding it difficult to get organised and I only have 1 bubba!
    That first bit of motivation is the hardest, it took me 3 attempts to get to where I am now, I made alot of excuses and finally I had, had enough. I started on shakes first with not as intense exercise, once I saw the weight starting to fall off, my motivation boosted. I was on shakes for 4 weeks and then decided I want a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, so I studied up on nutriton, what food is best for my body, how much and what I should be having etc. I read alot of health proffesionals blogs and created something that worked for me. I still have weeks where I can't be bothered exercising or eating welll, but I just think to myself, do I really want to regain the 12kg I have worked so hard to lose and that keeps me going it is especially hard when I have a week where I have gained or had minimal loss, but when I think back on the week, it's usually because I haven't been eating or exercising as much as I would on a good week. I guess it comes down to finding a good balance and what works for you. Threads like these really keep me going, I enjoy trying to give advice on what is working for me, as well as share how well I am going and not so well on some weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day! i used to try to avoid carbs at breakfast then realised how stupid i was being.

i think i will definitely enjoy spending time in this thread and gaining motivation from others once i start i am generally quite good, but it's finding the motivation to start that is always the problem for me.

I lost 8kg in jan/feb of this year through some serious dieting and exercising, but i can't seem to find that motivation anymore. i think i have regained around 5kg of that 8, and i don't want to let it get any higher!

i am currently sitting around 78kg, but at only 160cm tall i should be down at about 62kg. realistically, i would be happy to get down to 65kg. i'm hoping to achieve a 5kg loss by 28 Jan when i head to fiji for 6 months, and the rest of the weight i hope to get off whilst i am over there. i won't be working so i will have no excuse not to exercise!!

What is everyone elses goal weight??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    My goal end goal is about 75- 80kg I am at 109kg currently it I can get under 100 by my 30th in Feb I would be super happy! So far the dog has been getting walked 90min every night since boxing day so starting the exercise early to get into a habit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My healthy weight for my height would be around 67kg. I was 65kg pre-pregnancies and was a little underweight, so I woud be happy to sit around the 68-70kg mark. When I weighed myself yesterday I was sitting at 80.5kg. Hopefully I can get under 80kg before first weighin, but I don't think it will happen, not with the huge NYE I have planned this weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    exercising for 2 hours a day.

I never exercise on weekends.
    How do you find the time? Is it in one block or broken into smaller time frames. Having the weekend free sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    That first bit of motivation is the hardest.
    I am going to start by just trying to move more during the day. Now it has warmed up I will try and swim each day when bubba has a sleep. I will focus on drinking more water and actually eating breakfast and see how I go. I dont actually eat a heap of junk or takeaway these days (I no longer work and therefor dont go to town. I get groceries once a week or fortnight.) I just dont think I eat enough or move enough.

I have reached ........98kg . OMG that is heavier than I even thought. I just weighed myself now. I havent admitted that to anyone, yet here I am posting it on a forum for many to see. .

My goal weight is around 66kg. I am 163cm tall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Poppers View Post
    How do you find the time? Is it in one block or broken into smaller time frames. Having the weekend free sounds like a good idea.
    It will take me at least a couple of weeks to build up to 2 hours per day again - I won't just start working out for 2 hours come Monday after having not been active for 1 month + that would hurt.

The exercise is broken down. Sometimes it's 2 lots of 1 hour, other times it's 4 lots of 30 minutes and so forth. I would do this when DS was either sleeping or playing happily where I could see him - but now he's in daycare 4 days a week I don't have to really worry about finding the time. I'll still be active on weekends, just not as strict with how long I'm active for. I also allow myself 300 extra calories on Saturdays and Sundays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im still super impressed you can exercise for 2 hours a day!

i struggle finding time, i leave home at 7am to go to work and get home at 6:30pm, so by the end of the day i am wrecked! i used to get up at 5 - 5:30am and exercise for 45 mins to an hour each morning but that is the most i could do!