+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Rodeo View Post
    Hey, have you tried anything else fitness wise on the wii? The kids got one for christmas and I am wondering for myself. Me and zumba wouldn't be pretty
    Hey there! I have done the wii fit stuff but didn't keep that up!! It does make it easier if you can do it with someone. I did use the yoga on it and liked it. As well as step aerobics. It's not very challenging. Me and Zumba is probably hilarious too!!! At a class at the gym I once ran into the other people around me I'm so uncoordinated!! But at least we were laughing and that made it enjoyable because I hate hate hate exercise!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    miggins i have a friend who got GD last pregnancy and lost a lot of weight whilst pregnant and on the special diet for it, she's now around 13 weeks pregnant again and is doing the GD diet again to prevent getting it again, but also to help with weight loss

i need to work on portion and carb control! and exercising more. it's no excuse, but my exercise options are limited due to permanent damage to a vertebrae in my lower back GP told me no running, boxing, zumba, boot camp dvds, basically only walking :\ which gets very boring and hence i lose motivation really easily!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

miggins  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As of tomorrow me and my hubby are back to our normal bodytrim eating habits. We tend to get a bit lazy in the lead up to Xmas and we go and stay with his family for Xmas and bodytrim goes out the window as there's always potato or rice with the meals and fresh bread, and then dessert..
    I've lost track of how much weight I've list in the past 18 months doing bodytrim but it's over 25kgs.
    As of tomorrow, three day protein only detox and starting my physio exercises (hyper mobility problems) and back into kick boxing. I'm really really looking forward to the detox days, have been craving real protein so badly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miggins View Post
    I'm another with a lot to lose in total over 50kg, actually have battled since puberty, PCOS and getting my BFP will make it difficult, but I'd like to lose even just 15kg would be a start!

What's everyone planning to do to reach their goals?
    Pretty much doing exactly what I have been doing, plenty of exercise (6-7 times pw) And healthy eating. I have cut out alcohol, refined sugar, processed foods, caffeine and carbs, Occasionaly I will treat myself, but most of my meals consist of fresh fruit and veg and homecooked meals, I have limited the amount of carbs I eat dramitically and the only fluids I drink is water (over 3L a day) lemon water, or freshly squeezed juice. Also I have cut my red meat intake by half, We only have 3 meals pw with redmeat, the other meals are fish, white meat or poultry. It sounds so strict, but it is very easy to stick to, and since changing my diet I feel so much more energetic, healthy and not as bloated. Exercise makes me feel good too, I recommend the couch to 5k to everyone - I started it and finished it and can now run over 7k straight (about 45min worth of running) which I do 4 times pw and I also do weights/ressistance 3times a week and combat/cyle classes twice a week. Lol gosh reading all that makes me sound like some kind of fitness/health junkie but I didn't start off like this, 2months ago I was 12.1kg heavier and couldn't even run 2min with out having to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Rodeo View Post
    Hey, have you tried anything else fitness wise on the wii? The kids got one for christmas and I am wondering for myself. Me and zumba wouldn't be pretty
    I have Wii Fitness and Wii Fitness + I will be honest, it doesn't get used much because it just doesn't give me the workout I want and I find it really easy, but I do use the muscle workouts around once a week and I do the daily test each day(when I remember), I find it helps keep track of my progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Count me in! I'm getting married in Oct 2012 but want to get to my goal weight in March for dress shopping. Wanting to drop 10kg to bring myself down to a size 10-12

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in! I have another 9 kg to reach my pre DD1 weight, but will be happy with a 7kg loss as I am guessing my enormous breasts are adding an extra 2kg on!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub....please forgive the bloody auto-correct!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pick me!
    I'd love to join. I lost a heap of weight at the start of the year but have battled quite a bit this year with my PCOS.
    DF and I are planning our wedding which will be in the next 15-18 months, date depending on if we can conceive which we are trying to do atm.
    I feel that losing weight will help alot with TTC. I'm aiming to lose 18 kilos by my twin daughters's 3rd birthday end of April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh me to I'm in I would like to lose 10kg to be my pre pregnancy weight, I know what to do, eating right and exercising wise but I lack motivation and being a busy single mummy fast food is so quick and easy its my biggest weakness! How do you all stay motivated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    jemma motivation is definitely the hardest thing! i find if you can get your diet under control that exercise is not AS important. it's still important, but a healthy diet is the key!
    i've been struggling with the whole food/cooking thing too, but decided yesterday that i would just spend a couple of hours cooking on the weekend so my meals are all set for the week! that way i have no excuse for eating crappy food

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    jemma motivation is definitely the hardest thing! i find if you can get your diet under control that exercise is not AS important. it's still important, but a healthy diet is the key!
    i've been struggling with the whole food/cooking thing too, but decided yesterday that i would just spend a couple of hours cooking on the weekend so my meals are all set for the week! that way i have no excuse for eating crappy food
    I agree, whenever I begin a 'diet' I always get control of food/portions first, then add exercise at a later point. That point may be months later but I find it less overwhelming to focus on food without having to find time for exercise at the same time. Oftem once you are a little lighter and feeling better within yourself the urge to exercise comes with it.

I am unable to do any exercise that increases HR currently so will focus on incidental exercise.

mum2b09 1. I can't believe your girls are nearly 3 and 2. I keep a few WW or healthychoice frozen meals in the freezer for when I run out of time to make something. I pop a salad or some vegies with it and I find them handy.