+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    count me in! over the last few months i lost a LOT of motivation, and after having lost 8kg january/february this year i believe i have gained most of it back. my first goal is to lose 5kg by 28 january (going over to fiji for 6 months!) after that i'm happy to take a more relaxed and slower approach to weight loss, my ultimate goal would be to lose 16kg.
    i've had problems with my diet recently, my husband went back to fiji in october to spend time with his family and i've been eating pretty ****ty since then because i've been too lazy to cook for 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My first goal is 8kg by mid Feb. Then another 8kg. A 16kg loss will put me back in a healthy weight range and hopefully stop the symptoms of a medical condition I have.

Have lost 9kg so far. Am debating whether to return to WW or not, bit embarrassed as got my lifetime memebership but am 16kg over that weight. I like being accountable each week to someone else. I'll see when school goes back how I'm going on my own.

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm another with a lot to lose in total over 50kg, actually have battled since puberty, PCOS and getting my BFP will make it difficult, but I'd like to lose even just 15kg would be a start!

What's everyone planning to do to reach their goals?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi miggins! How are you doing?? I plan on eating from small plate for dinner (I did this for the whole year losing 23kgs) and only giving a treat once/twice a week. I love chips and cheese so I save til the weekend. Also dog walking helped me (about 30 mins per day). I'm also going to go back to Zumba I think. I also want to try yoga or something. But I will commit to these only one per week or it's too overwhelming. What will you do? I want to lose about 10-15kgs but have no set goals except to feel good about myself. I always fail when I set goals.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

miggins  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I am going to live off tuna & salad or steamed veg! No alcohol which I don't drink much of anyway, lots of water & 1 cup of decaf coffee or tea a day, sounds strict but it worked for me early 2011. For exercise I will walk the dog & maybe try zumba I will do it this time, & at least it should be maintainable if we do get utd :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

miggins  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lamabana! Great ideas. I tend to live off tuna salads for lunch, half a chicken fillet/steak or fish with steamed veg. With the odd serving of pasta too worked for me too. I'm hoping to get DH on board. He's put on a lot of weight so I would like to see him get healthy! Have you done Zumba before? I loved it. Also got it for the wii to do at home (just not while DH is home- too embarrassing!).
    I'm hoping this will help keep me motivated by chatting on here and being inspired!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to see so many of you on board

I am looking forward to getting back into good habits and healthy eating. I miss how good I feel when I'm eating right and active. Don't get me wrong, this is my favourite time of the year and I love the holidays but my goodness...the constant "festive" eating certainly takes it's toll . So bloated and so tired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Hi lamabana! Great ideas. I tend to live off tuna salads for lunch, half a chicken fillet/steak or fish with steamed veg. With the odd serving of pasta too worked for me too. I'm hoping to get DH on board. He's put on a lot of weight so I would like to see him get healthy! Have you done Zumba before? I loved it. Also got it for the wii to do at home (just not while DH is home- too embarrassing!).
    I'm hoping this will help keep me motivated by chatting on here and being inspired!!!
    Hey, have you tried anything else fitness wise on the wii? The kids got one for christmas and I am wondering for myself. Me and zumba wouldn't be pretty

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Hi miggins! How are you doing?? I plan on eating from small plate for dinner (I did this for the whole year losing 23kgs) and only giving a treat once/twice a week. I love chips and cheese so I save til the weekend. Also dog walking helped me (about 30 mins per day). I'm also going to go back to Zumba I think. I also want to try yoga or something. But I will commit to these only one per week or it's too overwhelming. What will you do? I want to lose about 10-15kgs but have no set goals except to feel good about myself. I always fail when I set goals.
    TBH, I'm not sure exactly what I'll do, tried so many things that haven't worked, kind of at a loss. But I have kind of wanted to try zumba and aqua aerobics, just would really like someone else to do them with. Was particularly interested in the aqua stuff, as I have bad foot problems ATM which make even walking difficult & painful.

Food-wise I'm going to be following healthy pregnancy eating, might go check out a 'diabetic diet'. I'm not diabetic but have been recommended to follow this type of diet to help reduce risk of GD.
    I don't drink alcohol (and can't ATM anyway), so can't cut that out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll join. I just got a bfp, so my goal is not to gain any weight as I'm about 17kg over my healthy weight.