+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd love to join too ladies
    Starting weight 76kg, want to get back to 70kg firstly (pre-baby). Second goal will be 65kg (pre-PCOS) if possible.

I've started using the MyFitnessPal thanks to your recommendations and I love it! The scan option is fantastic. I have manually adjusted my calories to 1500 though as I'm still b/f - is this about right? I found I was constantly starving on the 1200.

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I'd love to join too ladies
    Starting weight 76kg, want to get back to 70kg firstly (pre-baby). Second goal will be 65kg (pre-PCOS) if possible.

I've started using the MyFitnessPal thanks to your recommendations and I love it! The scan option is fantastic. I have manually adjusted my calories to 1500 though as I'm still b/f - is this about right? I found I was constantly starving on the 1200.

Good luck everyone
    Your body needs around 2000 cals to live and do normal everyday stuff such as washing dishes, shower etc.
    On top of that you are B/f which is another 350-500 cals.
    Then if you are working out lets give it another 300 cals (not a huge work out)
    So in order for you to maintain your body needs let's say 2700 cals.
    In order to lose weight at about 0.5kg to 1kg you body needs a 500.-1000 cal deficit
    So I would not recommend you eat below 1800 cals a day especially which B/f.
    Your health and the health of your baby are more important the losing an extra .025 kg a week.

Please note these are just very basic figures. I firmly believe that you will lose weight on 1800 cals a week. It might just not happen super fast.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Your body needs around 2000 cals to live and do normal everyday stuff such as washing dishes, shower etc.
    On top of that you are B/f which is another 350-500 cals.
    Then if you are working out lets give it another 300 cals (not a huge work out)
    So in order for you to maintain your body needs let's say 2700 cals.
    In order to lose weight at about 0.5kg to 1kg you body needs a 500.-1000 cal deficit
    So I would not recommend you eat below 1800 cals a day especially which B/f.
    Your health and the health of your baby are more important the losing an extra .025 kg a week.

Please note these are just very basic figures. I firmly believe that you will lose weight on 1800 cals a week. It might just not happen super fast.
    Thank-you - yeah, more food for me! Thank god, I have been SO hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Popping in to see how everyone is going?
    I've just got back from gym, did 25min of running and then a huge weight session. AF arrived in full force this morning, such a pain in the a$$ but I am glad in a way, as when I weigh myself Monday I shouldn't be feeling heavier or have bloating from AF, probably why I only lost 100g last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M&M's are officially all gone! no more junk food at work and none left at home either so i am back on track!

Pesca you'll find that whatever exercise you do add's more to the calories you're allowed to consume ie if you have your calorie intake set at 1500 if you burn off 300 calories exercise then you're allowed 1800 calories that day. i hope this makes sense. I think a lot of it comes down to the individual, whether you have a good or bad metabolism etc.

last year (i can't believe i can say that now!) i did 2 weeks on a 1000 calorie per day diet to kick start my weight loss then upped it to 1200. my metabolism is so slow though so i can't afford to do 1500 calories a day. i havent started calorie counting this time around, and not sure if i will, but if i'm really struggling to lose weight then i probably will to make sure i'm on track.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Day 10 here. 1.5 kgs down so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats higgle, i'd be very happy with that if i was you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies! just letting you know i've started a food diary thread if anyone wants to share
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...g-food-diaries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's quiteeee in here, hope you all haven't slacked off!
    Great effort from me this week, have been to the gym every day and healthing has been great. Hoping I get that 1kg+ loss on Monday. Need to stay focused over the weekened, boys are at their dad's this weekend. DP and I are going to see a movie, or something tonight, then we are going to make use of our myfun passes and hit Wet n Wild tomorrow then Movie World Sunday - need to make sure I pack healthy snacks and lunch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    congrats higgle, i'd be very happy with that if i was you!!
    I was stoked! Still am

Going well here, I've had a few slip ups with chocolate here and there though. Lol whoops
    But still losing! Weighed myself again today, couldn't resist. Almost another half a kg down. it's excellent and keeping me motivated so why do I feel the need for chocolate here and there still :|

Hope you're all still doing well!!