+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Camping with 9mth old

We are going camping for 2 nights for New Year's Eve. We are taking our 9mth old DS camping for the first time. He is currently crawling everywhere and pulling himself up on everything! We want to take either a play pen or maybe a kiddy pool to keep him contained. Does anyone have experience with keeping a LO contained while camping? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We took our kids (DD, 2.5 years and DS 10 months) camping a little while ago. We didnt take anything to get ds contained, we let him crawl arund and explore...isnt that wat camping is all about. I wouldnt worry about containing him, take him out and lt him enjoy the new surroundings.
    The hardest thing for us was bed time, we were sleeping in a tent and didnt have a portacot so he rolled around everywhere and got cold. Are you sleeping in a tent?? Will you have family there??? if so, there will be plenty of eye on him so dont worry.
    Just a quick thought too, dont expect this camping trip to be the same as wen you went before kids. Its heaps harder and not very relaxing...but dont worry it will be GREAT!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply. The playpen idea has been a bit of an afterthought and I don't intend to put him in there all the time. I just wanted the option to have somewhere safe for him to play if I needed it. We don't use one at home and I wasn't sure if it was really worth the expense just for camping.
    For sleeping we have a pop-up travel cot for him which is a bit like a mini tent. He has slept in it at home quite a few times so hopefully he will sleep well in it camping. He will be in the cot in our tent of course, not on his own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    you could always make a 'playpen' for him if you need to. Maybe corner off a section of the tent for him with bags or something. It is a lot of money just for camping, plus takes up alot of space.
    Or you could just use the travel cot??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a screened in room/gazebo that was great to contain the two nephews (there were more but only two who were under 2 needing extra supervision) during Mozzie time, while we cooked or had a quiet cuppa. It was brilliant having a week with my siblings and there children unfortunate we hav'nt managed to do it again since my kids arrived but we are planning too. Just a tip is to make sure that when supervision is passed between adults make it standard that the receiving adult has to say out loud the name of each child, its amazing the number of accidents that occurs in a crowd of adults because everyone thought someone else was watching.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub