+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Angry DP Missing!

I am absolutely terrified at the moment!

Today around 5pm my DP went to his local pub to watch cricket and catch up with a mate. He said he would walk home (about a 20 min walk) if the weather was ok, otherwise take a taxi. I don't have a phone at the moment so I kept his with me and our kids. He told me I could call his friend if I needed to get in touch with him. At 11:30pm I called his mate to let my DP know that I was going to bed but that I wanted to leave the keys somewhere outside, so he could lock himself in. Our friend told me that DP in fact had left the pub just before 10pm. Apparently my DP was quite drunk, which is quite out of character for him.

I didn't have much choice but to go to bed, hoping that I would wake up from DP coming in, in the middle of the night, but it is 3:50am and he is still not here. Now, hardly any pubs were open yesterday, and most of them closed relatively early, so I am getting really worried. Also, most of our friends are away/not out drinking yesterday, so I cannot imagine him running into anyone on his way home.

The walk home is slightly scary; it is a busy and slightly dodgy area of Sydney at nighttime (from Glebe to Newtown) so all these worst case scenarios are running through my head, and I cannot do anything but wait.

We have a family party tomorrow, and he is always on his best behaviour for these, so I expected him to be home quite early to prevent himself from drinking too much and go there with a massive hangover. This whole thing is so out of character for my DP, and I am terrified.

I just got off the phone to the local police station, and the emergency department at our local hospital, and none of them has recorded any contact with DP tonight.

Please send me positive vibes, people!
    Last edited by MuminMind; 27-12-2011 at 03:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to hear about your MIA DP. Maybe he has fallen asleep against a handy wall somewhere? Or on someone's lawn.

No police contact is good sign, so you can probably rule out fights etc.

Hope you get some good news soon, or he staggers in all apologetic like, which I'm sure he will

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northern For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (28-12-2011),MuminMind  (27-12-2011)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your reply, northern. I feel less alone knowing that you ladies are up.

God, I hope you are right. It has started to rain and I just keep imagining my DP alone; cold and unconscious on some dark street corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you and praying for your DP's safe return xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope he turns up soon for you!

* Damn you autocorrect...you are killing me! *

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had several, well a couple, of nights like this, with my fairly reserved DP not coming home.

One night I said to him on a night out with the boys, 'just dont go to a strip club'

he comes home, staggers in the door, and strip club bills fall out of his pocket! He said they were given to him and he kept them rather than give them to the strippers

Another time, he stays out and catches a train home, and ends up getting into an existential argument with the train guards, within which he says the c word, and they throw him off so he has to walk home

men (boys) are resilient things, and can generally look after themselves.
    Last edited by northern; 27-12-2011 at 05:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everything is ok and that he got home safely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been there before. Except it was my ex that went missing and I didn't have bub yet, so I went looking. Found him passed out on someone's lawn

Not nice, but I hope your dp is safely curled up in someone's front yard if he has to be somewhere other than home!

Praying he gets home safely to you very soon. If he's not in the morning id be calling that friend back ASAP and get him to help you.

Positive thoughts honey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh no MIM is he home yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Any word?