+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i got mine online from millybridal (china) they also have a ebay shop, cinderella bridal or something. i got mine custom made, it was the design of one dress and beading of another. it fit perfectly except it was a bit long but i added an inch or so as i was scared of it being too short!

i told them i was getting married a month before i really was just in case there was a hold up. at times they didnt reply to emails for a week or so but it all turned out good.

if you go along this path i reccomend you do go to a bridal shop or 2 to try on some dresses to find one you like/looks good on you. i couldnt imagine anything worse than getting your dress and finding it doesnt suit you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine for $99 new from china off eBay. PM me if you want a pic but no one knew and it fitted perfect.

I have a $2500 dress here I never wore, never altered. I don't know how to sell it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought mine off EBay for around $150, then had a dressmaker fit it for me.

If you are doing your own measurements I recommend going a bit bigger - you can always have it taken in if it's too big.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got my bridesmaids and flower girl dresses from dressofyourdreams and they were gorgeous. The FG dress had some embroidery on it which was not visible in the (very small) photo on the website so I did unpick that to make it perfect - I had to alter it anyhow as I wasn't sure how much DD would have grown so ordered big. They offered to re-order it no charge without but, with Chinese new year, it was going to be cutting it fine to get in on time.

It's an Aussie business that orders them from trusted suppliers in China, so not 'direct' like Ebay sellers - and they are bound by all the Aust trading laws etc. Their follow up was excellent and the quality amazing for the price. (I'd already got my dress on sale before we'd even set the date - othertwise would have got it off them).

ETA I ordered the BM dresses with lace-up backs not zip and that way they didn't need any alterations as the fit could be adjusted - if the dress you like has this as an option I'd recommend it (also good it they gain/lose a bit of weight after being measured).

My cousin ordered her BM dresses thru a China ebay shop and they never turned up. She did eventually get her money back but that didn't help the last minute rush to find off-the-rack dresses in time. So do make sure you do a good google for reviews (thats how I found DOYD and decided to trust them).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't, but a girl from work bought one online. She said it was really poorly made (stitching coming out etc), and ended up getting a dress from a bridal shop.

Another friend bought one from Etsy (got her measurements taken by a dress maker), and her dress is stunning.

I ended up scouring the bridal shops around sale time and found a bargain.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got mine and bridesmaids dresses of light in the box, very well made and I ordered then with custom sizes and no need to change at all.will do again for any functions that I need a dress for

Sent from my Desire HD using Bubhub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali G For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought my dress online through Mr K. They make bridesmaid dresses in white, cost $330. I have bought a formal dress off light in the box, had it altered slightly but was great quality and all up cost $180 I think for a long formal dress

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-12-2011)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    My friend got hers second hand off ebay then took it to a tailor and got it fitted perfectly. Saved her ALOT.

Remember hun, I'll happily tag along if you want to spend a day trying on every dress in the state to get an idea of what you like
    Count me in!

Sorry I have no advice re: buying a dress online, I got mine from a bridal shop and it cost a fortune and i later learnt that they get them made in bali! I do like the getting measurements done by a dress maker idea though.