+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Forced to have a Caesar

I'm due in Jan and the little bugger is breach!
    I've been told I have to have a Caesar unless he / she flips
    I'm so upset about this and scared and annoyed and oh so many emotions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one and it was arrrmazing!!!!

Loved every bit of it and have hardly any scar at all!!!

Was there anything you would like to know??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a caeser (emergency but I wanted one anyways) and I wouldn't do it any other way. You can make it a positive experience with the right birth plan, someone on here shared their beautiful caesarean experience on here not long ago, music playing, skin on skin. I can fully understand being upset though. I guess just remember no matter how bub is born, at the end of it you will have a beautiful baby.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    couple of words of advice

- have a look at spinningbabies.com for good ideas on how to get bubs to turn

- research your options. Having a vaginal birth is possible - but you will have to fight hard for it, so you need to be pretty sure of yourself. Know the facts. Google Term Breech Trial, and take some time to read about it. Then have a look at the criticisms of this trial (some of which are pretty valid and are being questioned by the medical fraternity) ... and make your own decision on what you want to do if bubs is still breech by 38-39 weeks.

- if you decide on a c/s ... decide on when you want it. Your obs will probably push for it to be around 39 weeks, so know what you want, and fight for it.

- if you decide on a c/s - research what happens and prepare yourself for it.

My bubs was breech, and I ended up having a c/s. But in truth, I loved my birth, I was very satisfied with how things turned out and I know I did everything I could to be right for my bubs.

The emotional aspect is crucial at this stage. The power of making your own decision is just so incredibly important.

best wishes

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (26-12-2011),Bubbles10  (26-12-2011),headoverfeet  (26-12-2011),LoveLivesHere  (26-12-2011),SuperTrooperVagiDuper  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't be forced to have a section breech birth is possible and is just a variation of what they call a 'normal' birth. There are a few OBs who support breech so maybe look for one of those? There is plenty of evidence out there to back up vaginal birthing being a safe option even with a breech baby . Also you may be able to ask about having bubs turned (some mids and others know how to do this) there are also babies that turn just before labour/ during early labour so dont give up on you having the birth you want unless you are ready to. Don't let anyone force you

ETA: katies mum said it so much better than me

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peekaboomummy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-12-2011),headoverfeet  (26-12-2011)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    - have a look at spinningbabies.com for good ideas on how to get bubs to turn
    ^^ This.

I have also heard very good things about Moxibustion - google it. It can't hurt to try! Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm so sorry OP.

I have no advice on breech birth, but I too was pressured into a caesarean that I did not want... and it's a terrible thing to be made to do when you do not want it. It doesn't matter that other women have amazing experiences with their caesarean - if you don't want one, you don't want one. Just wanting to let you know that you're definitely not alone in this. (My reason was being post-dates and having induction fail).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice everyone ...
    Things really didn't go according to plan
    I went in to labour early and he was still breach ... so I had an emergency Caesar
    I had a great team and a great experience
    I had the amazing Dr Woodward who was filling in but made me fell like I was theirs all along
    and my anesthetist made it truly special
    Dr Andrew Rubinfeld who was the loveliest, most caring, dr (I thought they were all boring) - he completely took my mind off things, kept me entertained all the way through. I was scared out of my mind and he explained everything every step of the way
    I have a lovely healthy baby boy
    Still a little tender but loving being a mum!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yummymummy2012 For This Useful Post:

tormyxxx  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummy2012 View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone ...
    Things really didn't go according to plan
    I went in to labour early and he was still breach ... so I had an emergency Caesar
    I had a great team and a great experience
    I had the amazing Dr Woodward who was filling in but made me fell like I was theirs all along
    and my anesthetist made it truly special
    Dr Andrew Rubinfeld who was the loveliest, most caring, dr (I thought they were all boring) - he completely took my mind off things, kept me entertained all the way through. I was scared out of my mind and he explained everything every step of the way
    I have a lovely healthy baby boy
    Still a little tender but loving being a mum!!!!!
    Great to hear that all ended well. Enjoy being a mummy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw you've already has your bub (I only saw OP). Congrats!!
    Last edited by apple green; 03-01-2012 at 20:20. Reason: I'm stupid