+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well last night she went down at 630. Woke unsettled at 8 put her back down , woke at 9 gave bottle as she didn't have one before bed. Woke at 2 gave bottle. And is awake but playing happily in her cot. I can hear her. I've put books in there and she is telling herself stories!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Bodelly!

My DD, who is 11 mths has very similar sleep patterns. She is restless around midnight-1am, so I give her a feed then. She wakes again at 430, and for the last couple of months I have been bringing her into my bed....she falls asleep for another 1hr, and lately until 6. I know co-sleeping is not everyone's cup of tea, but she gets extra sleep, and so do I...and 430 is just far too early for me to start the day. Her twin brother used to be a very good sleeper, but has regressed also in the last month to waking almost hourly, the last week it has been every 2 hrs, and last night I got 1 x 4 hr block. He has refused the bottle, and is primarily on solids other than BF (but he is a very lazy feeder).

No advice for you sorry, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave dd cereal first this morning and she ate it yay!!!!! Mind you towards the end she was covered in it lol
    I'm so stoked and barely drank any bottle afterwards ...
    Thanks for all the support , it really means a lot. I have been stressing about this a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's asleep and still hasn't had her first bottle! She refused it from dh and from my mum at diff times during the morning!! I'm sure she'll want it when she wakes up bit I can't believe it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww hun that's great!!! Just as you think things will never change, they always manage to surprise you

What I find helps when my DS refuses food (this doesn't always mean he is full - just frustrated) then I follow him around whilst he's playing, on the floor or whatever and sneak food in, and he usually doesn't notice lol. My boy doesn't like feeding in a highchair much as he feels restricted (very much a personality thing I think). So just thought I'd put that out there for you to try!

I really hope things keep improving, sounds great so far!!!! Yay

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much proud mum !

It's 11:15 and she had a bottle at 2am and a bottle at 11am woo hoo!

I sometimes doubt myself so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's much less than my little munchkin has breastfed already today formula is still full of lots of vitamins anyway, so that's perfectly fine if she still loves her milk and eats well too.

You're doing so well!

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well dd picked at lunch a few Vegemite soldiers chopped up grapes and strawberries. Had a bottle at 3.had dinner at 6 and had about 60 mls formula was asleep by 7. She snacked on bickies and rice crackers too and drank heaps of water. I'm guessing she'll wake up twice tonight but that's okay because she's eaten heaps today and I've followed her cues rather than fed her when I think she should be fed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bodelly, just thought I'd add a bit also. My DD was sleeping through by 4mths BUT at 7mth started to wake multiple times a night until she was around 12 months. At the time I was worried sick why my child wasn't sleeping through and increased foods, water, looked at timing of day sleeps but in the end I think it was 2 things: separation anxiety (they realise around 6 months they can be apart from you but have no understanding of time so DD I think was crying out for mummy cuddles overnight so I dropped night feeds only offering water at around 10 mths) and the early rising was due to being cold. She would wake fully around 5am and not go back to sleep. When I added a layer or two, she started sleeping back til 7 ish. Sometimes I would still need to go in and resettle her at 5am but I treated it like night time still and 8/10 times it worked and she would sleep a bit longer (unfortunately I never did get back to sleep!)

I'm not sure where you are but I was in Brisbane and even though I felt it wasn't cold overnight, it seemed she liked to be snuggly and warm!

Best wishes and good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Brisbane too and I still use a doona when it's hot so maybe she's like me. Tonight she had a bottle at 9 and one at 330am. She has just dropped back off to sleep.