+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 11 months, solids and sleep help!

I'm stressing myself out. Dd still has 4-5 bottles per day between 180-240 mils. She also eats yoghurt, fruit, pasta, meat etc She has 2 sleeps a day - doesn't sleep thru the night - goes to bed about 630/7 and will wake at least once for a bottle and if she wakes again I try to resettle. She normally is up at 430(maybe earlier, maybe later) for the day.
    She has begun refusing to let me feed her, so I'm guessing I should let her feed herself. I just feel like she isn't eating enough.
    I'm thinking also not to give her a bottle as soon as she wakes up and try cereal instead?
    I keep hearing of friends/family whose children sleep thru and mine simply doesn't.
    I guess I'm looking for reassurance. She's a very happy and content kid.
    Also finger food ideas are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If she's waking at 4:30, I would cut back on a sleep. I would also not give a bottle when she wakes, just give breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey bodelly my chn recommended that I move dd on to a toddler routine eg food before solids and 3 bottles a day and a couple of snacks too. This definitely helped, she was waking heaps through the night and got so much better! Unfortunately it only worked for a little while and now she's waking again lol

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi bodelly
    I'm on my phone and want to write you a decent reply but this might be rushed.

Your bub sounds normal! Well just like my DS. Mine is 11mo also and sometimes he sleeps through to 5.30am, sometimes he wakes once or twice. I get DH to try to settle him without a feed if it's early in the night but otherwise I feed him.

He also wakes early - sometimes 4.30am, lately has been 5.30 but could all change again. This seems pretty normal to me, check out a few threads in the sleeping section about this topic (one by me). Through trial and error I've found that if the room is dark, he has only had one nap the day before and had a late night he will still wake early but will go back to sleep if I feed him.

DS also eats just finger foods. I'm always stressing he's not eating enough - everyone says to look at how fat he is, but that doesn't reassure me as he's slimming down and wakes for feeds overnight. I think as mothers we always stress our kids aren't eating well. I give him pretty much what we eat if it's suitable. Otherwise I make an omelette or I have veggie patties and muffins etc in the freezer. Eg tonight I made a stir fry. I just dumped the rice and the cooked meat and veg on his tray then added sauce to my and DH's serve. DS loved it. He only has 6 teeth but chewed the steak and shovelled the rice into his mouth no worries.

I know it feels like everyone's baby sleeps through but they don't! IRL I only know two babies who sleep through at one year and one of them only just started. That's four babies I know who don't! And thanks to Bubhub I've come across lots of other ladies on here who have babies who wake at night as well.

I was feeling very sad the other week as DS' sleep really regressed, but I figure this is such a crazy time for them - so much is going on with learning new skills, etc. I decided to just wait till after his first birthday, till around 13 months before doing anything to make him sleep better - and I felt much happier because I can just relax and not focus on fixing things, which can be consuming when all you think about is their sleep.

It's tough after 11 months not getting good sleep, and I know 4.30 is a ridiculous time to get up, but at least know that it's perfectly normal!!
    Last edited by duckduckgoose; 26-12-2011 at 19:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone!

Majestic Hiss - thank you so much for your reassurance. I have been stressing I'm doing something wrong because she is such an early riser. She's always happy, I might start meal time outside the mess inside stresses me out lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump ... Would still like some more points of view

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What does your daily menu look like? At 11 months the 4 bottles a day are still fine, maybe she needs more food? It's great she wants to feed herself as that way she will eat until she is full, we have only ever done BLW so I can give you some good ideas for finger food but really at 11 months she should eat what you are, just be prepared for the mess!! Can't really help with the sleeping but would keeping her up an extra hour help? At 11 months I think only one day sleep is not enough, so stay with 2!

Breakfast;
    - Egg pancake ( 2 eggs with whatever filling u have and fried pancake size and cut into fingers) I use fresh herbs, tomato, cheese , mushroom
    - banana pancakes , make it from scratch so you know what's in it and add banana to the mix, cut into fingers
    - after 1, soft boiled eggs and dip toast fingers
    - nut butter on toast ( almond butter is great)

Lunch;
    I try not to use too much bread, wheat overload is easy to do with babies so I only do toast/sandwiches about 4 times a week
    - avocado and cheese melt
    - tuna and cheese melt
    -Salmon nuggets
    - zuchini slice
    - rice cakes with avocado or nut butters
    - frittata with veggies
    - cucumber/capsicum sticks with hummus or guacamole

Dinner - my DS eats what we do it's just messier!
    - grilled salmon and steamed veggies
    - spagetti with tomato/eggplant
    - butter chicken and rice
    - grilled lamb cutlet and roast veg
    - fish tacos/wraps
    - homemade mini pizza
    - falafel wraps with greek salad
    Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not going to be any help but I just wanted to say that my 13 month old eats a LOT and still wakes for multiple breastfeeds over night (I'm talking about 4 times on average!!!!) so don't worry, it's normal, just something many Mums don't like to talk about or admit! And my boy is the happiest, brightest most content baby ever and I always get complimented on his beautiful nature. Honestly, I know of 2 & 3 year olds that are just starting to sleep through the night! Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you, but I just thought by sharing my crazy nights you'd feel a bit better LOL

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by proud-mum View Post
    I'm not going to be any help but I just wanted to say that my 13 month old eats a LOT and still wakes for multiple breastfeeds over night (I'm talking about 4 times on average!!!!) so don't worry, it's normal, just something many Mums don't like to talk about or admit!
    Yes!! My DD has just turned one and is no where near sleeping through the night. There is very little predictability to her sleeping habbits during the day - if she's up early she may have 2 sleeps but will often only have 1 sleep which could be as little as 20 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much. I'm trying more variety with dd hoping she'll eat more and tomorrow I'm going to set her up outside so she can make as much mess as she likes.

Thank you for sharing about the waking during the night, it does make me feel better to know I'm not alone!
    Im sick of hearing SIL (who is 21 with 2 kids and a complete dumb f ) tell me both sleep thru the night til 6/7am. It's not sleeping through if they wake up and they are ignored ! Lol