+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default OPK's

Have posted this in another section also...
    This is our first month using them and also first month of trying the SMEP, 4th cycle TTC. Can anyone tell me if they are really worth while? At the moment I'm using an iPhone app called Ladytimer which has been pretty accurate as to telling me about my cycle.
    I'm on CD11 and my ovulation app says I'm not fertile until the 31st and should "O" on the 2nd Jan. I have (roughly) a 32 day cycle.
    What happens if I don't get a surge or even a positive? Just continue DTD every other day anyway? Is it really a reliable form of knowing if I am ovulating at all? I should also add I have quite severe PCOS and my GYN is hopeless...
    Sorry for all questions!
    TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used them last cycle for the 1st time just to "confirm" that what my other symptoms tell me is correct and the +OPK lined up with other symptoms. I always get 3 days of EWCM and the +OPK was on my 3rd day of EWCM, EWCM stops the next day (back to -OPK) and my b00bs go rock hard (sorry, this is all TMI) for a couple of days (aparently common side effect of the progesterone surge after O). AF arrived 15 days after +OPK. So it was useful to "confirm" what I thought already and I'm not using this this month and just trusting my body.

I have PCOS but I do ovulate and fell 1st try with by my pregnancies. This is my 2nd cycle TTC this time and in the 2ww. If you are worried that you are not ovulating then you can get the 21 day progesterone test done to check (though you may want to get it done a bit later with your longer cycle).

PS. get some internet cheapies otherwise you will waste a LOT of money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used them 2nd cycle of ttc, did smte and fell pregnant first time using them ever. Best thing I've ever done because I knew roughly when
    I was going to O.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used them 4th cycle TTC and got my BFP. May have been coincidence but will certainly use them again next time TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool, thank you guys I'll definitely stick with them.