+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are not terrible. maybe just give it a go? I was a big advocate for reading real books. Dh downloaded heaps of iBooks for me and it has taken some getting used to ( 2 months of breast feeding in the middle of the night it was very handy to just flick the pages quietly in one hand) but I really really love it now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a kindle and I love it. It is just different, and you'll get used to it. Perhaps try it out. As some of the ladies said, it is not bright so it doesn't hurt your eyes. Some of the others have a touch screen IMOA that would be annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    and I can't make it brighter
    You aren't supposed to. That's why people love the Kindle. Backlit screens cause eyestrain and headaches etc.

I was given a Kindle for Christmas and I am finding it is taking some getting used to but, ultimately, being able to take heaps of books with me in my bag is a very exciting prospect.

Offer your DP an apology, express your frustration and your lack of understanding, tell him you love it anyway but that you need a hand with it.

He must be feeling so hurt right now and if he really, really loves you (as he obviously does), that's a bloody awful situation for him to be in.

Say sorry. Quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think if you give it a go you'll come to love it.

If not, explain to DP your problem with it, in case he freaks out from gift giving in future!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd give it a try! I'm very anti kindle but if DH got me one I'd give it a go.