+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Awards, are they counted as part of annual income?

Deleted for privacy
    Last edited by Guest1234; 08-01-2012 at 02:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would advise them and explain.

It's better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it's taxable income I'm fairly sure centrelink count it for their purposes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    I would advise them and explain.

It's better to be safe than sorry!
    That's what I think! I'd rather be underpaid by them rather than ending up having a debt with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would report it. Is it taxable?
    I know when i report my earnings each week it says do you have any other type of income such as scholarships etc.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Bubhub

Sent from my LG-P920 using Bubhub

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards r tax free and not reportable aren't they. Allowances and other items need to be reported.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would ring them and ask. I think they are all reportable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not sure if its the same thing but we get 'fringe benefits' ? Which Centrelink ask for. For eg, we get paid $13k for travel and the employer matches a certain percentage of Super which adds up to a few thousand extra. And we also get 'remote living allowance' from the employer. So everything is added together and bumps our income up $25k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bell & bug, I'm Marian, I work at the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this one.

To ensure your income estimate is accurate, you need to take into account all the adjusted taxable income components for you and your partner.

Your adjusted taxable income includes; your taxable income (including any Parental Leave Pay), reportable fringe benefits, tax-free pensions or benefits, foreign income, tax-exempt foreign income, reportable super contributions and total net investment losses (less any deductible child support you may pay). If your partner's awards/extras/allowances are part of his taxable entitlement, they should be included. You might want to check with his employer as to how they are paid.

There's more info about estimating your income on the Family Assistance website here; http://www.familyassist.gov.au/payments/income-estimation.php

You can contact the Family Assistance Office on 13 6150 to discuss your individual circumstance.

Hope that helps.