+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't be using Duromine at all. My mum used it a few years ago and yes she lost weight, but the side effects were horrible.
    Like Ana Gram said, it is speed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but tablets and fad diets are great while your on them, but once you stop, it can make things worse.

I second going to see a dietician
    Not always.. I lost 35kg with a combination of reductil and healthy lifestyle and I've kept it off for nearly 5 years now..

It really depends on the person and if they are really wanting to loose the weight and learn a healthy way to eat.

I had no idea on portions and how to read labels which is so important. Now I do and bobs your uncle haha.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Not always.. I lost 35kg with a combination of reductil and healthy lifestyle and I've kept it off for nearly 5 years now..

It really depends on the person and if they are really wanting to loose the weight and learn a healthy way to eat.

I had no idea on portions and how to read labels which is so important. Now I do and bobs your uncle haha.
    Thank-you!

I lost 10kgs off Duromine - and until I fell pregnant I kept it off for 6 months...
    It's all about mind mentality - and knowing that it's not a permanent quick fix UNLESS you change your mind!

Let's look at it like this - Duromine is chemically related to ampetamines. So it's not speed perse but a close relative.
    Everyone has different reactions to it, some people find it a god send others dont...
    If you are wanting to go on it or reductil, please go to a GOOD (and I stress good) doctor and discuss the options with them.
    You're better off speaking to your GP.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (28-12-2011),jessesgirl  (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I felt like a psychopath on duromine. would not do it again. side affects were horrific for me. I ended up in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why did you end up in hospital? What symptoms caused that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't going to comment as I know a lot of people have had success with duromine, but I'm not sure everyone is aware of what is actually in that stuff.
    An acquaintance of an ex of mine (from along time ago) used to get it prescribed to him, take the pills home and empty them onto his table. At which point he would separate the powder inside from them little yellow bits.
    He would then put the white powder in bags and 'distribute' it....
    One of the main components is likened to speed....

Please be careful ladies, I watched my FIL use this stuff, drop 45 kg, only to become a frazzled mess that ended up having to stop taking it due to the fact it was messing with his mind...

ETA. He is also now 60kg up on what he was when he stopped....
    Last edited by kezty; 12-12-2013 at 12:44.