+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Duromine, reductil question..

Hey, just a q for those on it or had it before.. I'm wanting to try one of them, but not sure if a doc will let me and want to know if I have a chance.. I am overweight- 20 kilos heavier than what I should b for my height and BMI not good. I've just had my fourth child six weeks ago which of course is part of it- but reason I want to try pills is I've always been overweight, regular gym goer and eating not so bad- ive never been able to budge the weight and have always sat at 10 kilos past healthy weight range.. My concern is after bub I dropped weight but now I'm stackin it on- about a kilo or more a week and I'm really upset about it. My family r large and i dont want to end up like them. I feel it's getting out of hand and I'm really really unhappy. I don't know if they'll give it to me as I've recently had a baby and might just say give urself time to lose it but I know my body and after each child I've dropped the weight fast then plateaued at a certain weight .. Now im just stacking it on and I need it stop! Oh I'm not breastfeding either and I've heard it keeps u up abit etc but I have a bub who doesn't like to sleep so that part for now doesn't bother me too much.. Anyway I'm rambling.. I know it probably depends on each doctor but in general do u think I have a chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends on the doctor but you have a chance.

My friend is on it ATM she has lost 10kg in 6 weeks.
    She is about 15-20kg over weight and she got it.
    She feels fine on it and just takes it very early in the morning like 6am or earlier

When I took it I felt like rubbish couldn't handle it for longer then 3 days.

But you can try and see how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was on it for a short amount of time. Honestly, I think it's terrible. It works really well, however all it does it stops you feeling hungry. I forgot to eat, so yep, I lost 10 kilos, but I was starving myself. I totally STUFFED my metabolism, so as soon as I stopped taking the duromine I pulled on the weight plus some.

The BEST thing I did, was going to see a dietician. I thought I ate healthy, and I did, but she helped me improve on it. And I ramped up the exercise. I have lost over 20 kilos that way, and am having no trouble keeping it off.

Seriously, in my case, duromine short term was awesome, but the second I stopped taking it I was worse off than before

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also, I had no side effects. It didn't keep me up, all I noticed was I was really thirsty ALL the time. My mouth was dry and I drank about 3 liters of water daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was on reductil, it was great, but I think it's no longer on the market due to side effects.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not trying to be rude, but tablets and fad diets are great while your on them, but once you stop, it can make things worse.

I second going to see a dietician

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonGecko For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (26-12-2011),Niki24  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard.Manny.Fran View Post
    Seriously, in my case, duromine short term was awesome, but the second I stopped taking it I was worse off than before
    Totally agree!! Short term = great. BUT it has ruined my metabolism and my gp says my "normal" blood pressure is higher than it was 3 years ago, and attributed it to the duromine.

IMO there are a myriad of other healthier options you should try before you try the duromine and I third the dietician visit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Duromine did SFA for me. It didn't give me any obvious side-effects, but it also didn't help me lose any weight.

If you really want it, then you're going to have to see your dr, but your doc may say no. Some doctors are not interested in prescribing it, whereas others seem to give it away (I know a male who's about 70kg... and wants to lose more. His dr is dodgy and gives him prescriptions anyway... it's really not a good thing).

I would suggest seeing someone about figuring out what your ideal weight actually is... BMI is there for a guideline, but it doesn't actually take individuals into account, so if you find you're always about 10kg over where BMI suggests you should be, perhaps that's just where you're SUPPOSED to be. Your body fat percentage might be ideal... and if that's the case, you're not supposed to lose any more regardless of what BMI says.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (26-12-2011)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It is speed.

My mother has recently informed me that she went on these kinds of "diet pills" a number of years ago. She lot a stack of weight, barely slept though. Of course, once she was off them she put all the weight back on double. She is still over weight and thinks that they completely stuffed her as she has a very hard time losing weight now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took reductil for a few weeks and It completely messed me up. Lost a few kilos but I slept maybe 4 hours a night, and it totally screwed with my head. I was interstate away from family and friends and my 2 Besties actually got on a plane to come and see me because they thought I'd lost the plot. I get sloshed off 2 glasses of wine, but this was something else completely... I'd never do it to my body again. Worst heart palpitations, anxiety etc... I still feel guilty for doing that to myself