+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We painted a gnome for the girls Nan and Pop! They love their garden and it needed a gnome!! (after watching gnomeo and julitte) I gave my best friend a fair trade recycled from old sari's hand bag, she was IN LOVE! We also gave our pastor (of our church) a $ gift for his family. I LOVE giving! Everyone else in the family got a picture frame of the dds on santas lap and dd1s first school photo. The dds got ABSOLUTLEY spoiled this year!!! They got a TV for their toy room and doll house!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My favourite gift that I gave this year is an apron I made my dad. It has a hand towel sewn on, and special pockets for tongs/wooden spoon etc. I also bought him a cookbook and new oven mits. I think he'll love it! (give it to him today)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The best things I gave this year were to my SIL, a poster from spineless classics. It is the entire text of her favourite book printed into a silhouette illustration from the book.
    I also had a custom address stamp made for my mum from etsy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    my mum loved all her gifts got her earrings a candle a photoframe she cried over, doona cover

sister loved the shoes I gave her

loved giving the kids I gave to there presents including a hubber and her son who both liked there gifts I hope!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I LOVE gift giving. I take great pride in finding personal presents and then wrapping them up beautifully

I gave my sister an old style world map where you scratch off the places you have travelled to. She loves old maps and loves travelling, so I was very excited to find that gift! I also got her a good quality mortar and pestle.

I got BIL some of his favourite tea from T2 and a huge tea cup to drink it in (he loves tea, and always complains that cups aren't big enough lol).

I bought Mum some collectible figurines that she has been wanting for ages. She hasn't found them anywhere but I found them in a shop in Bris

I bought Step-Dad an Egyptian cotton towel with his special name from DS embroided on it (DS calls him Frufru). We also bought him a coffee mug because his last one broke - he likes having his own coffee mug. The mug has special meaning because DS picked it out - it has dinosaurs on it Little did we know that once hot water is poured into it, the dinosaurs disappear, leaving only their fossils on the cup - cool! He loved it.

My Dad received a really good quality, heavy wooden chopping board. He loves cooking and always complains about not having one, but never gets around to buying one. And we bought him a bottle of his favourite scotch.

My eldest sister (who loves cooking too), received some m-cups - the babushka doll measuring cups. She adores babushka dolls, so the pressie was extra special. I also got her the first season of Heston's feasts.

I got my godmother some nice bright jewellery and three glass jars filled with assorted lollies and chocolates. She loves accessorising, she loves chocs & lollies, and she collects glass jars - win!

I bought godbrother a new wallet which he has been pining for - I chose one with old school tattoos on it (he loves tatts). He is also obsessed with white chocolate, so I did up a white chocolate pack - white kitkat, white timtams, white lindt balls, block of milky bar kid & white choc drops.

I bought my SIL a new board game. Her and my sister *love* playing board games so she was quite stoked.

I bought DS1 a retro red trike and DS2 some wooden toys. Plus they got books, musical instruments, crafts etc from Santa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DD1 went nuts for her clockwork orange book, she got sheets for moving away to college and a prouds voucher to go towards some earrings

DS1 loved his ds game. He got clothes as well

DD2 loved her lava lamp and she got clothes and bead too

DD3 Love her ds game and she clothes and beads too

DS2 Think his airport is just the best, I got him toy cars too

DH like his ipod (shuffle) but I need to get a connection thing so he can use it in his car. Which is what I got it for.

mum and dad got a special cake tin and lollies

Fake grandma (we unofficially adopted her) got 2 flowers, 5 small fish and large shark fridge magnets that the kids and I made. She collects fridge magnets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my two fave presents I gave were my parents I got them a kayak at sunset trip and my brother I gave to charity in his name.. 10000 water purification tablets for families in Haiti!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my mum got summer pjs, slippers, rolling pin and some perfume
    step dad got an esky filled with beer
    dad got lotto & scratchies
    brother got jb hifi vochure
    sister#1 vochure
    sister#2 got candle, perfume and necklace
    sister#3 clothes
    sister#4 lipgloss and nail polish

and i bought a heap more but cant be bothered writting all of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I gave DF a baccarat frypan and a baccarat sauté pan.
    I made and decorated a batch of gingerbread men for my in-laws.
    We gave DD1 clothes and an iPod touch and DD2 got clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have two nieces (12 & 10 yo) who live in country QLD and with my SIL's permission, we bought the girls return airfares to Syd to spend Easter hols with us. I think I'm more excited than they are! So they had something to use now, we also gave them some goodies from nutrimetics and $50 each.