+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Babysense 6 monitor?

Has anyone got one of these?? I would like to know if it's as good as the babysense 2. I can only find 1 review on it

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I've had the Babysense 2 and this time have the Babysene 6

I had the Babysense 2 in 2003 for my daughter. It worked really well and she even took it to childcare with her. I am due in 2 weeks and I've bought a Babysense 6 for this child. I've set it up and fundementally they are the same with a few exceptions. The pads are smaller and round on the Babysense 6. I think this is due to them being more sensitive, if anything it is only going to cause the odd false alarm if the baby rolls off the pad. The design of the monitor box is smaller and sleeker. The monitor box also makes a a clicking noise with each movement that the Babysense 2 didn't make, this function can be switched off though which is good because it's very annoying. The Babysense 6 also comes with an optional sound monitor which works reasonably well, but I won't be using it, because I just don't like sound monitors. What else? Ummmm back in 2003 the Babysense 2 set me back $400. The Babysense 6 was $160 including postage from an online store on Ebay. The Babysense 2 was made by HiSense, the Babysense 6 by Oricom, but I think it is the same company since they're both made in Israel.

My daughter had sleep apnoea and the Babysense was what her pediatrician gave her, so I just went with that brand again this time. Angelcare makes one and there is also this one http://www.nannymonitor.com.au/ which is a bargain at $150. There is something somewhere about the Babysense being the only medically recognised device, I don't know if that is true but I did get a fair bit back from my health insurance when I bought it the first time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked on the Nanny Monitor site and the monitor only comes with 1 pad, you have to purchace the other pad separately, so it's not good value after all especially since it doesn't come with a bonus sound monitor. The monitor would still work for an older child but there would be lots of false alarms once the child moves away from the sensor. Anyone who has had a Babysense knows when it's time to switch to the dual sensor because the alarm keeps going off all the time. From memory I think we switched at about 6 months when Zoe started moving around so much it was like she was swimming laps in her cot.