+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum used to get us mcdonalds almost every night. When she would cook it would be burned chops and lumpy mashed potatoes. Needless to say I had huge food (and health) issues as a teen!!

I'm now a super healthy eater and looking forward to setting up my child with a great range of homemade foods to grow up healthy and strong with.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mum's tuna mornay...oh yummm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I remember a lot of food from my grandmothers... it wasn't even that special, but we only ever had it there.

Firstly, my parents wouldn't feed us white bread, so I was thrilled when I got to have it. My Nanny would serve me country split bread... it was so good. She also used to give us vanilla ice-cream... but had no topping, so she'd use homemade strawberry jam instead. We also sucked on fresh honeycomb (like, taken straight from the bees) sometimes. Mmmmm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    grandmas goulash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mums gluggy boiled rice
    And her yummy biscuits that were more rock cakes
    Nan's cornflake cookies
    God I miss those two women!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    I second everything Berrie said! Stroopwafels are divine!! We grew up living next door to my grandparents (grandma was Dutch and g'pa Indonesian) and we could always smell the cooking from our house! So we'd follow our noses to grandmas house and help ourselves to what she had made! Definitely the best nasi goreng EVER and always with the perfect fried egg on top! Mmmmm luckily grandma passed on her cooking to my mum so we still get to eat it whenever we want. Berrie, always asked for that for my birthday dinners too!! Hehe
    I'm so hungry now!!!!
    There's something about Dutch food, hey? Particularly when it's cooked by your Oma
    I forgot ... my nana's pumpkin scones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    cold buttered toast with vegemite cut into fingers always reminds me of my grandparents. they even had a cooling rack for the toast! needless to say my pop was english.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my mum always made (and still makes!!) the best lasagne i've ever eaten i've tried to recreate it but i can never get it as good as she does!
    and she used to make sausage pie, which i loved and can actually make lol and probably lots of other foods that i can't remember right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The earliest food memories for me was my step mother forcing me to eat burnt pumpkin. I woke up vomiting that night.

Also she used to always tell me I ate so much (yet I'd lose weight each time I'd stay with them) and surprise surprise, I ended up with an eating disorder as a teen

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum's roast lamb and gravy. I have been known to eat/drink any gravy left over after the meal.
    Velvet chicken in summer- it's a asian flavoured boiled chicken. It is only brought to the boil and simmered for 15 minutes with the lid on before switching off. It then cooks in the residual heat for a couple of hours.
    A fried fish dish mum used to make a lot of out of "China the beautiful cookbook".
    Mum's lemon curd.
    Mmmm, so many food memories.