• I didn't get them in puberty but did in pregnancy

8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didnt get stretchmarks in puberty or pregnany however my stretchies have come from gaining and losing lots of weight (after puberty and before pregnancies).

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Thanks SassyMummy mine look the same. I always had people comment on how small my belly was during pregnancy but it was still more than my skin could handle.
    Definitely hurts when a medical professional makes comments like 'wow, you have really bad stretchmarks' - like i hadn't noticed
    I'm sorry to hear that, how incredibly insensitive

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    None from puberty, did not even know you could get them apart from when the bigger girls lost weight or the chest suddenly ballooned.

I had none with my first but with my second I went from a size 6 to a 16 in the 6th month of pregnancy I have them but not like most other women seem to have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got stretchmarks on my hips during puberty. Not a single stretchmark from either of my pregnancies. Go figure.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    None in puberty, but I am covered in them now. & I hate them. I can not look at them and see the beautiful trademarks my son left me.
    I see horrible ruined skin that despite ds being 7 they have not faded or gone away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical mumma View Post
    None in puberty, but I am covered in them now. & I hate them. I can not look at them and see the beautiful trademarks my son left me.
    I see horrible ruined skin that despite ds being 7 they have not faded or gone away.
    I understand that feeling, i used to look at mine and cry
    I've become somewhat excepting of them but all it takes is one comment and i feel like cr@p about it again. I wish i could just not care, and some days i don't, but it is really hard when society views them as such an ugly flaw and when so many think they are caused through personal fault (like gaining too much weight, not looking after yourself, not using creams during pregnancy and various other bs).
    Having a bit of a hate myself day today but the poll shows that they are pretty common so maybe i should get over it already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heaps from puberty, periods of rapid weight loss/gain and pregnancy.

I know plenty of guys who got them during puberty as well. DF has some on his hips, and my brother has some on his shoulders.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've not hap a pregnancy so can only comment on the puberty part, I wnt from a girls/teens size 10ish to a ladies 14 in 18 months, and still looked like a skeleton with boobs. I love my strech marks cause they blend in when tanned. Also I have them from my thighs to my shoulders. I simply went through a growth spurt that scared mother. At the end of grade 2 I was wearing the uniform mumhad bought my sister for grade 4, by the time I was in grade 4 mum had to get one made in a ladies 14. As it's what I was wearing. I am over weight now but I get scared of looking skeletal again and have issues losing weight with that.

But yeah mine are beautiful amd loved.
    Coming to you from a galaxy far far away.