+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default AF cycles after breastfeeding

My periods have not returned to normal since breastfeeding and they are 26 days instead of 28, my doc tested my hormones and my tsh is low as well which I think is the hormone prolactin suppressing the hormones in my body. I stopped breastfeeding three and a bit months ago so this is getting really frustrating as we are ttc.

How Long will it take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I can't help much but I have been Googeling like mad to find out why my progresterone is so low. I stopped bfing my DS when I returned to IVF and am now low with progresterone. Low P4 will case a short LP too

Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cycles are all different. Some women have longer and shorter than average (which is 28 days)....

This might just be your new normal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chicken and eggs mum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's my new normal as my thyroid stimulating hormone is low, which is abnormal.

What is your doctor doing to improve your progesterone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to know! I stopped BF'ing 6 months ago, and I've only had AF twice since then, neither of which resembled normal for me.
    It's sooooo frustrating when you are TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor has prescribed me some Chinese herbs which took three weeks to arrive as they were out of stock, that is really frustrating as it meant having another irregular cycle. I may also see another doctor to get another opinion, as my current doctor only gives herbal remedies and there may be a normal medicine I can take for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With any luck you might be close!
    I fell pregnant on the 4th cycle after stopping breastfeeding. My cycles had dropped to 21days when I stopped bf (a lot shorter than what was usual for me). I was only feeding once prior to stopping bf. I dont know whether that had anything to do with how long it took for hormones to regulate.

Hope it sorts itself out quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh fingers crossed, I've had three cycles since giving up breastfeeding, hopefully the next one will do the trick!

It's frustrating as I worry about my age, but I guess it's my body saying you're not ready for another baby!