+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by northern View Post
    Sister gave me a burned copy of a CD of a band I don't listen to, and a heel scrubber, that upon closer inspection, had been used, and deposited skin flakes all over my clothes....
    ewww

Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    It's my own stupid fault. I asked DH for a tankini - I specified 'preferably seafolly'. He couldn't find any so bought pretty much the only tankini he could find and I fear it's a little bit...nanna. I stupidly wore it swimming and so now can't exchange it so will have to wear it for the next couple of years to continue the lie. Damn it!!! I should have asked for a surprise and bought them myself in the sales!!
    lol DH is usually really good at picking nice clothes for me, this year he went out and bought me a dress from Supre...and OMG it looked just like an old lady's slip, same colour and everything... ugliest dress I've ever, ever seen Me being honest I say babe, it means so much to me you tried (apparently he searched for an hour and a half for something).... but what were you thinking? he ended up getting me store credit

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    a set of 6 short drinking glasses. i am single, i never use drinking glasses, and i now have 17 of the damn things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We always do secret Santa with dh's family and it's awesome! This year I got my SIL a 1 terabyte portable hard drive as requested and I got a $100 voucher for big girls don't cry super stoked!

Dh got a ps3 game he wanted, And he got Bro 2 tickets to go jet boating.
    We always put heaps of thought into that stuff.

Just the constant array of cheap soaps we all got is scabby !!
    Last edited by kriista; 26-12-2011 at 19:32.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh! and a triangle pillow with a pillow case.

i don't like triangle pillows, i used to use one and had a lot of trouble getting to sleep on it, i let xp take both when we split because i didn't use mine. mum managed to leave the price tag on mine (she got 6, one for all my siblings and me) so i know they weren't very expensive, which is good. cos i don't plan on taking it out of its packaging any time soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy with all of mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    It's my own stupid fault. I asked DH for a tankini - I specified 'preferably seafolly'. He couldn't find any so bought pretty much the only tankini he could find and I fear it's a little bit...nanna. I stupidly wore it swimming and so now can't exchange it so will have to wear it for the next couple of years to continue the lie. Damn it!!! I should have asked for a surprise and bought them myself in the sales!!
    LOL- accidental tears happen all the time (kidding!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In laws presents, as always they are crappy but this year seriously.. They got DS 2 building blocks for 12 mths + and a remote control helicopter for age 15 and above, he's 5..

Ds 1 got a remote controlled car that must have been hugely discounted, as it wasn't in its original box and despite changing to new batteries it doesn't work.

Wish they wouldn't get anything at all, maybe vouchers or then asking what the kids like. I know, it's rude to tell them but seriously, it's a waste of money what they get the kids.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    ahh this thread has me giggling .. some of those gifts .. SHOCKING!!!

my family is usually pretty good with gifts, there have only been a few blergh gifts over the years ..

my brother did buy my three year old a kids drum kit this year .. ummmm thanks??? I mean .. HE loves it, he was beside himself with joy - but what about ME??? where do I leave this set up (I dont have a massive house) and thanks for the hugely noisy pressie ... twit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (27-12-2011)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ahh this thread has me giggling .. some of those gifts .. SHOCKING!!!

my family is usually pretty good with gifts, there have only been a few blergh gifts over the years ..

my brother did buy my three year old a drum kit this year .. ummmm thanks??? I mean .. HE loves it, he was beside himself with joy - but what about ME??? where do I leave this set up (I dont have a massive house) and thanks for the hugely noisy pressie ... twit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    this thread is hilarious!!!

i feel somewhat ungrateful because my MIL gives my DD too much stuff and it bugs me. she does it with all the grandkids, but seriously it is ridiculous, each granchild gets between 10-15 gifts and most of them are big gifts, not just little stocking fillers. on xmas day, DD will open the first gift and be happily playing with it, and then everyone's like 'no wait, there's more, there's more', even though you can tell she's not really interested in any more gifts, she's happy with the first one she got. it feels like she is being force fed even though she's not hungry, and eventually she's going to become this greedy present piggy that expects a mountain of expensive presents every year... does that sound weird??!

Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    And one of my gifts a few years ago was an expired packet of ginger gummies. I'm heavily allergic to ginger and the gummies were three years over the due date. Did I mention they were wrapped in used wrapping paper?
    lol makes you wonder why they even bothered! one of my mum's friends gave her the most bizarre gift, it was meant to be an xmas hamper type thing but it was this random assortment of dodgy goods folded up in a grubby old teatowel?! like the teatowel was not even tied or stitched together, and the contents were things like a dented tin of tuna??!

Quote Originally Posted by Leah28 View Post
    Worst gift of all time for me was when MIL gave me a box of penis shaped pasta for Christmas...
    baaaaahahahaha that's gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suchislife View Post
    A breakfast at tiffanys wall clock lol random as I've never even seen the movie..?!!
    ooooh i would love that clock, seriously! i'll swap you for the miniature handbag-shaped lip gloss holder that my mil gave me

Quote Originally Posted by northern View Post
    a heel scrubber, that upon closer inspection, had been used, and deposited skin flakes all over my clothes....
    that. is. truly. gross. you win this thread, northern!
    Last edited by aquarius; 27-12-2011 at 02:26.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquarius For This Useful Post:

Fox in Sox  (27-12-2011),northern  (27-12-2011)