+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
    All I can say is my brother got my mum a toothbrush....

Not like an electric one or anything. Just a plain toothbrush.

Obviously he has issues.
    I don't think I'd even be able to feign appreciation if I was given a toothbrush!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    did anyone watch the gavin and stacey christmas special?

nessa gives them all, one chocolate from a box of favourites!!!! haha loved it! they were all wrapped in little boxes each!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From my mil:

A ceramic ice cream van filled with out of date marshmallow ice cream cones

Old lady perfume

A box filled with "baby girl" scrapbook supplies..... I'm 38 weeks pregnant with a boy!!!

An nanna nighty that's about 5 sizes too big, even with being 38 weeks pregnant!!! Lol

Birdistheword is offline Frightened little child, bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DP got 1000's of different body wash/linx/body spray combinations from his work mates. Is that really all they think of him lol. Also top gear stuff, they are going to run outta 'stig' stuff to get him in the coming years because they get something like that every year for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I am grateful for it, and love it because my beautiful daughter chose it...

But I'm kinda regretting not specifying what type of necklace she got me a bit better. I let her have her pick at Diva... cos she wanted to get me some jewellery but I don't really like jewellery and only wanted a token gift... so basically, something cheap. lol.

Anyway, I have sensitive skin and react to cheap stuff, so told her to get a necklace - figuring it'd be a small pendant on the end of a chain, so it wouldn't bother me much.

She got me a massive chunky turquoise thing and it's quite pretty, and I'd actually wear it... but it has HUGE metal plates on it (around the turquoise). Spent my whole day scratching my poor irritated neck/chest area, but couldn't take it off cos I had to be proud and happy mama. I've already started to make the metal plates go black too, just form one day (my body tends to eat it... it even eats silver. I can only do surgical steel or gold without a reaction).
    I've had similar probs- what I did was paint all the metal with a couple of coats of clear nail varnish so the metal doesn't touch the skin- might work for you?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

share a book  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My boss at work got me a mini shopping trolley.
    Because in my breaks I check out eBay to see what dresses and tops I could buy.
    So of course I must loooooove shopping....(I don't I hate it)
    Think she missed the bit where I work part time and have a 2 year old and not much spare cash....
    I love that she got me anything and I am grateful for it but really?

Then there's mil's present for dd...
    She asked what she needed, I said a keyboard and explained that she is really into music and if she has one she can learn piano...
    So she got her a plastic toy guitar and keyboard(not a real one) set... Not to mention its Dora and we always say NO DORA....

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub-that's why it's full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    The crappy gift this year wasn't to me but my kids. A family member and I agreed on a set amount we'd spend on each others kids years ago. It was my suggestion as they have plenty of money and I didn't want to be embarrassed giving $30 gifts when she spent $100.

Last year they were pretty how ya going but this year, they were discount store $5 gifts. They aren't broke either, normally I don't care about such things and am happy with what's given. But they spent over a grand on each child this year so clearly money wasn't an issue. So next year I've decided I'm scraping the agreed amount and I'm going to a discount store myself. Sounds childish but meh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I loved most of my gifts only thing my grandma
    got me was this bright green huge type jewelry reminds me of something a 70 year old would wear totally not me hahah she knows I wear simple silve and black jewelry ah well !

Thanks
    Reviews
    A breakfast at tiffanys wall clock lol random as I've never even seen the movie..?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL got me one of those hair comb twisty things, you know the ones that were on the shopping channel a couple of years back. Also a hamper with odd stuff in it, like a jar of pickled cabbage and green tomatoes.

Sister gave me a burned copy of a CD of a band I don't listen to, and a heel scrubber, that upon closer inspection, had been used, and deposited skin flakes all over my clothes....

Mum among better things, gave me a bag of corn, to make popcorn.