+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    White chocolate can't stand the stuff.
    The rest was good though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a gag gift-popcorn maker. But i also got a bracelet that i would've liked had it not been a complete ripoff and cheap and nasty so thats getting exchanged for something actually worth what my poor husband paid. Also shouting myself some decent knives in the boxing day sales today i made a complete mess of the ham yesterday and threw a nana and decided i want better knives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every year, WITHOUT FAIL for either my birthday or Christmas, my sister buys me Body Shop Cherry Blossom products. I hate this scent! My bathroom cupboard is full of unopened gift packs and what not. Might have to start regifting. This year I got yet another Cherry Blossom shower gel and body butter.

In the same box she put a little mini stapler and sticky tape holder??

But there was also a $30 iTunes voucher and a nice jewellery box so that is ok.

Worst gift of all time for me was when MIL gave me a box of penis shaped pasta for Christmas...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well I got pretty good stuff but DH got a Best & Less t-shirt from his mum (sent in the mail) with the slogan 'I'm pretty much the best person I know' written on it. Now he is wondering if she is taking a dig at him or whether she genuinely thought he would like it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    with the slogan 'I'm pretty much the best person I know' written on it
    PMSL, that cracked me up. Awkward!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah28 View Post
    Every year, WITHOUT FAIL for either my birthday or Christmas, my sister buys me Body Shop Cherry Blossom products. I hate this scent! My bathroom cupboard is full of unopened gift packs and what not. Might have to start regifting. This year I got yet another Cherry Blossom shower gel and body butter.

In the same box she put a little mini stapler and sticky tape holder??

But there was also a $30 iTunes voucher and a nice jewellery box so that is ok.

Worst gift of all time for me was when MIL gave me a box of penis shaped pasta for Christmas...
    Just thought I'd let you know you can return things to the bodyshop and get an exchange or store credit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got great gifts from my family...but the in-laws give DS the weirdest, most crap stuff. They know we have a tiny house. He has a bedroom full of toys, a playroom full of toys, a wardrobe and drawers packed with clothes, and a bookshelf overflowing with books. So this year, I asked them to contribute to his bank account instead.
    So, he got a giant gift bag that's bigger than him, packed to the brim with crap, cheap toys and books because they "wanted to get him physical things".
    Well they could have given him some kind of keepsake for something "physical" and actually respected what I said
    Most of it will probably end up at the Salvos or something, I'd say.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    By the way, this is the third year in a row this has happened. And every year the excuse is "I see all the young girls these days wearing/playing with that!"
    Yes, well, I don't want my young girl looking like and playing with plastic Thookers thanks very much.
    Thanks very much for the perfect bratz doll description

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister who obviously pays no attention to anything got DH & me:
    A foldable shopping trolley and chocolate. Since having my gallbladder out chocolate has not been my friend, and I hate shopping. Dh feels the same. I am unsure if its an improvement on last years soap set and margahretia mix for a non drinker an a highly medicated person with depression who use natural soaps due to skin issues. Anyone want a new sister?

Coming to you from a galaxy far far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All I can say is my brother got my mum a toothbrush....

Not like an electric one or anything. Just a plain toothbrush.

Obviously he has issues.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy Bee For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (27-12-2011)