Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A towel.

Not a new set of towels.

Not a beach towel.

But one single bath towel :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (27-12-2011),Pinkzy  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got a DIY card making kit (all well and good) open it and 3/4 of the contents are missing - gee that's useful and all

Sent from my iPhail

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I am grateful for it, and love it because my beautiful daughter chose it...

But I'm kinda regretting not specifying what type of necklace she got me a bit better. I let her have her pick at Diva... cos she wanted to get me some jewellery but I don't really like jewellery and only wanted a token gift... so basically, something cheap. lol.

Anyway, I have sensitive skin and react to cheap stuff, so told her to get a necklace - figuring it'd be a small pendant on the end of a chain, so it wouldn't bother me much.

She got me a massive chunky turquoise thing and it's quite pretty, and I'd actually wear it... but it has HUGE metal plates on it (around the turquoise). Spent my whole day scratching my poor irritated neck/chest area, but couldn't take it off cos I had to be proud and happy mama. I've already started to make the metal plates go black too, just form one day (my body tends to eat it... it even eats silver. I can only do surgical steel or gold without a reaction).
    I dunno if anyone else said it cause i havent finished reading the thread but paint it with clear nail polish. You'll have to do it every time you want to wear it but it works. I cant wear anything other than silver or gold, its a live saver

eta ... woops someone already did say it but yeah good trick!
    Last edited by Lemmings; 26-12-2011 at 00:35.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can beat it.

Every year the parents in the family swap lists of what not to get the children, as they might have gotten it already from "santa" or for a birthday.
    Well every year I put down: "please no makeup, bratz dolls or clothes"

This year...five Bratz dolls, a makeup and fake nail set, a children's hair straightener and a few skirts....way too short for what I'd let a five year old wear.
    Yep, thank you, they're all going on ebay and the funds will be used to buy her a REAL present that is suitable for a young girl.

By the way, this is the third year in a row this has happened. And every year the excuse is "I see all the young girls these days wearing/playing with that!"
    Yes, well, I don't want my young girl looking like and playing with plastic hookers thanks very much.

Even if I put down something like "she really wants colouring books this year", it's always dolls, makeup sets and things like that.
    I know I should be grateful she gets anything but it's so hard to be grateful when it happens year after year

And one of my gifts a few years ago was an expired packet of ginger gummies. I'm heavily allergic to ginger and the gummies were three years over the due date. Did I mention they were wrapped in used wrapping paper?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eviestar View Post
    BIL got me a bottle of bubbly, I'm 31 weeks pregnant and not a big drinker even when not pregnant. Yep, thanks for that!
    He he!! I got a bottle of wine from my aunt. I'm 17 weeks so quite some time to go on that front, & planning on BF. Guess DP will be enjoying a wine with dinner for a few days.

Other than that, I got AWESOME gifts from DP & my brother. And we got a massive toybox full of baby stuff from MIL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg nightmare family

My family asks every year what would they like and they listen (so thankful) there would be HELL to pay if my children brought home stuff like that

My exdp's mum got me more jewelry I'm allergic to and scented soaps (I can't use soap and don't like strong scents)

Also got make up from companies I boycott (they know this) and ex's family has a habit of buying things I specifically request they don't for the kids or is COMPLETELY inappropriate and then seem surprised when it gets 'lost' and the children never get to play with it

Eta: my initial but is response to tough loves post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our family did a secret Santa this year - there were 12 of us. I was super lucky to walk away with a salt and pepper shaker. No special ones, just small stainless steel looking ones. Meanwhile others got things like clothes, slow cookers, a set of really nice personalized drinking glasses, remote control helicopters and all sorts of nice things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another bottle of random perfume, happens every birthday and Christmas always from the same person, even though I've pretty much just worn one kind of perfume for ten years... And another ugly piece of jewellery from the same person, who knows I don't really wear jewellery... Funny thing is this persons house seems to be overflowing with their own unused perfumes ans jewellery lol they seriously clutter each of the four bedrooms and two bathrooms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH bought me a grater and multislicer from kmart.... Both are in the bin... Not because im ungrateful but i tried to use them and they are crap... I gently told DH to leave kitchen equipment off next years xmas list ... And if hes gojng to spend $15 buy me knickers or something..

O and i bought him a trendy watch....

Actually i thought the grater and multislicer were funny but was kinda waiting for the main present to be given... He also gave me a $12 cookie jar and a box set if creams etc all from kmart...

Judt sayin....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Nan went all out and spoilt everyone. The boys all got a fancy bottle of aftershave, My Mum and my Sister got a solid gold necklace with matching gold bracelet from a pretty high end jewelry store in our area.

I got salad servers....