+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It was more of a case of 'no shops here to buy anything'. So im buying myself a new phone in a few days time. But a surprise would have been nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha my lovely mumma isn't very tech savvy....

She went to EB games after my advice to her to get a game or something for DP as he got an Xbox, and depending on price another controller.

Well she got an awesome game!!! But somehow ended up with a play station controller

Will have to change it next week, but I'm surprised the sales staff at the game shop didn't say anything as she said they helped her pick the game and controller

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am ungrateful for the cheap, tacky, clutter-making gifts from MIL. This year it was money boxes for both DH and I, his is a swear jar and mine is a handbag fund tin. Grr, then she comments on how much stuff is in our tiny house, double grrr.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (25-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am grateful for it, and love it because my beautiful daughter chose it...

But I'm kinda regretting not specifying what type of necklace she got me a bit better. I let her have her pick at Diva... cos she wanted to get me some jewellery but I don't really like jewellery and only wanted a token gift... so basically, something cheap. lol.

Anyway, I have sensitive skin and react to cheap stuff, so told her to get a necklace - figuring it'd be a small pendant on the end of a chain, so it wouldn't bother me much.

She got me a massive chunky turquoise thing and it's quite pretty, and I'd actually wear it... but it has HUGE metal plates on it (around the turquoise). Spent my whole day scratching my poor irritated neck/chest area, but couldn't take it off cos I had to be proud and happy mama. I've already started to make the metal plates go black too, just form one day (my body tends to eat it... it even eats silver. I can only do surgical steel or gold without a reaction).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am ungrateful for the cheap, tacky, clutter-making gifts from MIL. This year it was money boxes for both DH and I, his is a swear jar and mine is a handbag fund tin. Grr, then she comments on how much stuff is in our tiny house, double grrr.
    Lol I got a "handbag fund tin" last yr from MIL hahahaha.... So bad

This year... I got this.. Um.. Paper mâché Santa sleigh thing..? For decoration purposes I suppose? And some rather tacky "slogan" tees for bub. I will probably use them though I suppose around the house.. But def not something I would choose. Also some lipgloss in a shell? A candle? And weirdo keying. Lol... I know the thought is there, but some of it I look at and think... "you really thought of me when you saw this...?!! Really??!!?"

She also insists on getting dp soft toys. Last yr it was a dragon, year before this alien thing that makes noise... This year he has upgraded to an elephant AND echidna!! Hahahaa!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I am grateful for it, and love it because my beautiful daughter chose it...

But I'm kinda regretting not specifying what type of necklace she got me a bit better. I let her have her pick at Diva... cos she wanted to get me some jewellery but I don't really like jewellery and only wanted a token gift... so basically, something cheap. lol.

Anyway, I have sensitive skin and react to cheap stuff, so told her to get a necklace - figuring it'd be a small pendant on the end of a chain, so it wouldn't bother me much.

She got me a massive chunky turquoise thing and it's quite pretty, and I'd actually wear it... but it has HUGE metal plates on it (around the turquoise). Spent my whole day scratching my poor irritated neck/chest area, but couldn't take it off cos I had to be proud and happy mama. I've already started to make the metal plates go black too, just form one day (my body tends to eat it... it even eats silver. I can only do surgical steel or gold without a reaction).
    Sassy - paint some clear nail polish on the inside of it.. (depending how large it is)... My skin is like yours and generally I can do that and wear cheap jewelry for a good few hours before I get irritated skin! just a thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some of these gifts are just awful, I'm glad I got nothing as opposed to filling my house with junk!!

Money boxes?? Really???

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL bought DD ( 2 years) a Barbie bike that she can't actually even reach the pedals on so I had an upset toddler because she wanted to ride it and couldn't and an adult helmet . The worst part is we had said to them a couple of months ago that DH and I were going to buy her a bike but had decided to waited until her 3rd birthday in April because after trying her on bikes at the shops she is way to little ( DD is pretty small for her age) . They also bought her a Dora memory card game (again she is 2 and the box says. 4 years plus) . Oh and they also bought her a bye h laptop but one of the ones that is for older kids and you need to use keys and a mouse, DD kept getting upset because she wanted to play with it but couldn't use it properly.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    * v tech laptop , stupid auto correct .

Sent from my iPhone

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I add another one? My work sprung a secret santa on us at the last moment (well, a weeks notice) but we are really financially very tight this christmas (I couldn't even afford a present for my sister) so I could have lived without spending and extra $10 and getting crap in return....so bah humbug. On the day I gave my bottle of wine and my secret santa gift was a christmas embroidered tissue box cover that I will not use. I hate it when I'm right about these things.